Sign in to follow this  
G-Lader

Holes in the road...........

Coming home all nice and relaxed after a game of squash driving slowly and bang,drove done a *loody great hole in the road.Got home and saw the damage on my wheel! Ouch!

anyone got experiance trying to claim off councils for damage? Do you reckon the rim will bend out or a new rim reqd.guessing there's no damage on the inside but will check in the morning?

Gonna get onto Reigate and Banstead Council by phone and email through the pictures I went back and took!

Yep send them the pics of the wheel and the hole in the road and you should get some compensation.

At the end of my drive there were holes in the road which were gradually knackering my shocks.....put up with it for 3 years and then after my new ones were fitted I thought enough was enough and sent my local council pics of the road, and explained I would claim for car damage if the road wasn't fixed.

Sure enough, within a week the road was repaired :lol:

K

Ouch not good, hope you can get that rim sorted, some of the fuc*in roads in this country are a disgrace. :x

You are doing the right thing by taking photos and sending letters, I'll wager that road will be fixed in no time if you kick up a fuss. I did this a few years ago when i went over a pothole in my 'rocco, the force actually cracked my windscreen!! :mad: I duly claimed and got the full cost of a new screen off the council, and within 3 days of it happening, the hole was magically filled, a$$holes.

Not sure how it works but heard that if u put in claim with pics location etc,that theyve got so many days to repair it. If they dont they have to cough up dosh for new tyre/wheels etc.

When i drove doen to Middlesbrough to pic up my car i noticed the roads in England were miles better (pardon the pun) than roads up here in Scottyland.

Cheers Fraser

make sure you take pics of the spot where it occurred and get something to them in writing fast

I claimed for a bike wheel that buckled after going through, what can only be described as, a small ravine on the A65 just out of Leeds

I got the cash and it wasnt a cheap wheel as well ...............200 quid if I remember rightly it was a while ago though

Just make sure the road doesn't belong to some b****rd private consortium, as I had to find out about a year ago:

Driving along a roundabout near where I work in my Mk1 Rocco, when suddenly I heard all sorts of little stones hit my passenger door (LHD ! :-P ). Sure enough, damage was fingernail deep, so no polishing could rectify that. The road had clearly not been swept properly, as there was a building site nearby.

I wrote a letter to the council with a bill from my bodyshop for having resprayed the lower part of the door. The response I got was that I needed to contact the land registry office to find out who the road belonged to, as the council did not own it !!! I did that, paid these (same) government b****ds the 15 quid fee, and yup, road belonged to Advantage West Midlands (AWM), managed by Coventry University (landlords of the building we're in). One letter to Cov. Uni later, and I was told to approach AWM, but alas, we need those gits for some occasional government grants .... check mate :mad:

Unfortunately I have to observe that most people just don't give a sh*t about these issues, "It's only a car.", :mad: :mad: No it's not !!!

Had to get that off my chest, sorry 8)

Tempest

Coventry is a joke for road condition.. well, I say joke.. its just downright disgusting quite honestly.

In a car with stiffened suspension, it can be just a frustrating drive going anywhere.. if its not just the HUGE increase in traffic over the past few years, the condition of the roads is sometimes backbreaking.