Sign in to follow this  
waynos

any thoughts on the nissan 200sx

im getting seriously bored of my corrado now so thinking of selling up. Quite fancy something rear wheel drive and the 200 sx came to mind (s14a shape)

anyone owned one? opinions?

Never owned one but i looked at them before getting a corrado, lovely cars in my opinion id go for the s14a touring as that came with leather as standard

Apparently getting quite few and far between.. and good ones are getting quite expensive! Be prepared to do searching to find a good one.

I owned one and loved every moment of it. Not the fastest car in the world, but so smooth to drive, handling was dab on.

And, as i imagine we all would do if we could, spent hours with a big smile on my face with the back end sideways.

Worst choice that was ever made for me was selling it. God i hate women!

Def will be going jap again.

I say take one out for a test rag and see how you like it. As said though good nick and non barry boy'd are few and far between.

Cracking cars, but make sure it has a damn good history! Defo go for the Touring, as it has all the toys. Easily tuned up to big power too :) Have you been on the SXOC? Good forum (well it was a few years ago anyway!).

My other half has a 200sx 14a, i personally love it! Had lots of fun driving it round anglesey :)

I was using it as a daily whilst the 'rado was off the road, they're a comfortable place to be in and standard have more than enough grunt, my 16v felt a tad slow after driving that for a few months!

Very cheap to extract more power, new exhaust, air filter and fuel pump and you'll see another 40bhp. However it's not a sports car, remember it's a grand tourer, but with a few mods it's more than capable!

The sxoc is a really good club and have a great forum, with lots of knowledgeable people (much like this forum!) I would recommend looking on the sxoc forum as there are buying guides, or pm my other half on this forum (cunningly named mr_lauraj) and he can point you in the right direction!

Fantastic cars! a lot of fun to drive! i really want one myself...

My mate had one that i drove and it was fantastic! handles sweetly and nice and low to the ground!

My mate is Sabrex on the sxoc forum... speak to him, he'll give you some sweet advice!

I think he's on the corrado forum too as sabrex...