Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

oh yeh 5.0ltr v12 on its way.

So you didn't want a Passat W8 because of the potential running costs but are instead going to try and keep an 850 and a BMW 540 on the road.

Fair play - they're both awesome machines. But I can't understand your thought processes at all mate!

That said I won't say that I'm not jelous... "V8 or V12 today.. hmmmm..." :D

that is up there with the most expensive cars to run and fix, but fair play if you get it :notworthy:

That would be my worry, but you just can't leave it on the shelf for that price. Even if something does break it would have to be a fair old failure to make your final investment total more than what it is worth on the road.

Love these cars, not that keen on the green colour, but thats just me.

That most of them are auto's always puts me off, so a manual is a cracking find!

So you didn't want a Passat W8 because of the potential running costs but are instead going to try and keep an 850 and a BMW 540 on the road.

Fair play - they're both awesome machines. But I can't understand your thought processes at all mate!

That said I won't say that I'm not jelous... "V8 or V12 today.. hmmmm..." :D

i hear you loud and clear Jim, IF i get the 850then the 540 will have to go and will have to get a diesel estate or the like, and how do you think my missus feels with my indescion's on cars :lol:

that is up there with the most expensive cars to run and fix, but fair play if you get it :notworthy:

thats why i'm going to take it to BMW for an oil change straight away as they will go over the whole car with a very fine tooth comb while its there, and will pick up anything that needs doing.

lets see what happens tomorrow when i look at with my head and not my heart.

really interested to see how this all goes. Love those 850's, so cool looking.

hope everything goes well with the check-up. that's be some car to have parked outside!!

thats why i'm going to take it to BMW for an oil change

I'm sure that this alone will equate to the GDP of most third world countries.

lets see what happens tomorrow when i look at with my head and not my heart.

And don't forget confirmation of your overdraft.

Had a brief look at an 840 last year after seeing one in Manchester. Stunning car and I'm sure you've done your homework. Keep us up to speed with all the details and hope it all goes well. :D

Personally i dont think that is cheap for a car that will need totally recomisioning, old bmws dont like being sat around as much as any other car especially outside,

If it was 1500 quid then youd take a punt on it but when you can buy a up together 850 with less mileage, admitedly auto for similar money that hasnt been sat for 6 years then to me thats not cheap.

Yes its rare in that is manual but that is in my opinion rare for a reason, the autobox suits the characteristics of the engine and car, its a grand tourer.

Colour for some will put them off, i actually like it but i can see it will be a marmite colour to sell on.

Obviously if you have your heart set on it then go for it but that is not being given away to you price wise imho.

Good luck with what you decide.

Cheers Pete.

sorry pete but gonna have to disagree, not just saying this to make me feel better about possibly buying the car, but a 850ci with a manual box is a very rare car with only 102 built ever, and out of those 102 only 68 still exist,i have been led to believe that off the 8er forum that its worth a minimum of 6k and if its in good nick then 8k is a reasonable amount, there was a mint one sold a few weeks ago for 18k, yeh it only had 35k on the clock.

anyway i have prov bought the car depending on what it fails the MOT with.

Looks bloody gorgeous to me mate, need more pics though :D

i will get some more pics if i end up with the car :)

Yer mad!

yeh you right i must be chuffing insane to even entertain running one :lol:

sorry pete but gonna have to disagree, not just saying this to make me feel better about possibly buying the car, but a 850ci with a manual box is a very rare car with only 102 built ever, and out of those 102 only 68 still exist,i have been led to believe that off the 8er forum that its worth a minimum of 6k and if its in good nick then 8k is a reasonable amount, there was a mint one sold a few weeks ago for 18k, yeh it only had 35k on the clock.

anyway i have prov bought the car depending on what it fails the MOT with.

Matey, everyone has an opinion :lol: , just to me that would have to be dirt cheap for me to even entertain it.

And as for it being worth 6-8k, perhaps if it was mint, thing is knowing BMW's and especially the big engined V's you could spend and thousands on it to get it up and running 100% potentially negating any form of saving over buying a car that has not been laid up for 6 years.

Good luck with it mate, youve got bigger balls than me! 8)

Cant fault the looks and grunt, looked at these time and again, big long stick comes to mind, Corrado parts are bad enough, but for this :censored:

oh yeh i forgot about adding to this thread, it went for the MOT finally last week, it failed on all the brake pipes/lines and the rear parking brake so getting all that done over the winter. Not going to keep it though, just get it all road worthy and sell it.