Sign in to follow this  
C5 OEM

Bored with this title changing

Getting bored with my storm...maybe the time of year..? or lack of driving...? could be the constant tinkering...? or the many trips to vw parts department...?

anyone else like this...??

Getting bored with my storm...maybe the time of year..? or lack of driving...? could be the constant tinkering...? or the many trips to vw parts department...?

anyone else like this...??

Me... my vr's been pretty good but i cant be arsed with it tbh. Want a more normal car now lol. But then once thats happened ill want another corrado lol.

Take the car out for a good spin on a nice twisty road, you'll enjoy it.

There's prob about 95% of people on here that would love to have your car Andy :)

I'm not bored with mine, its been at the bodyshop for the best part of a month now (bodyshop got busy with Dealer cars, so mine got pushed back). I'm itching to get it back :brickwall:

nope, love mine thanks and havent once thought about getting rid....

think its time yours got a turbo :norty: :lol:

I haven't actually seriously thought about getting rid just yet either but im pretty sure once ive saved up enough to do what i want to do with the rado ill end up selling up to buy something else lol. Modding is begining to make less sense to me these days.... :? :lol:

I haven't actually seriously thought about getting rid just yet either but im pretty sure once ive saved up enough to do what i want to do with the rado ill end up selling up to buy something else lol. Modding is begining to make less sense to me these days.... :? :lol:

Don't worry about the modding then, just get it as tidy as you can and sort any little niggles out. You'll feel so much better about it then.

Wouldn't say I was bored with mine but I do have a massive urge to get back into motorbikes.

My main problem is storage where I live. I'd love to get mine 100% sorted but keeping it out on the street all the time means it gets a new blemish on a seemingly weekly basis. At least I could get a motorbike into the back garden.

I'm far from bored of my car, but my sensible head is starting to take over and say that it may be time to give up the Corrado for something a little more practical and comfortable.

i drive 500 miles per week and teach people to drive so it is nice to get into the corrado, maybe more performance is what i need...?

but dont want to deviate greatly from standard... cams would be a good upgrade if i could find some..!!

Might try and garage it for couple of months :shrug: then come back with fresh ideas/energy.

Kip gets fed up of his car at the end of every summer. Sticks it in the garage and does something else all winter.

Come March / April it's all change again and he loves it.

Maybe as you say, you need a bit of a break from it.

Take the car out for a good spin on a nice twisty road, you'll enjoy it.

Agreed! Not had much to do with mine recently but took it out for a good blast today and really felt the love return - especially on good roads and when being able to wind the window down before a short, sharp, full throttle overtaking maneuvre :D So, so much better than the works daily (Golf 2.0 TDI Blue motion). Just wanna keep driving around looking for more fun 8)

My VR hasn't been started up since getting home from BVF in the fist weekend in July :shock: still covered in flies and now covered in nearly 3 months of garage dust. I currently F'king hate it!

My VR hasn't been started up since getting home from BVF in the fist weekend in July :shock: still covered in flies and now covered in nearly 3 months of garage dust. I currently F'king hate it!

nice to know its not just me..!! :gag:

I even wrote HATE in the dust on it the other day! :( dont ask me why i really just lost it and with the issues it has too are no help whatsoever. Cant be bothered to clean it and cover it up but i guess i'd better sort it before winter sets in. :?

Mines the same kip covered in dust in the garage , I usually have a cover over it but can`t even be bothered to do that :( and have just bought a TT that needs a cambelt and a full service so the corrado is going to have to take second fiddle and sit around the back of the house untill i have sorted the TT ! Hopefully i will feel better when i get to the classic car show :D

What's wrong with it Paul, beyond the bit of rust on the tailgate?

:lol: Got it in one my friend. yeah its a minor setback but to sort it right means a new tailgate painting and feeding all the wires in and all that hassle and with my eye operation it just knocked me back 3 months, i know for certain it'll be fine but i just cant get my head round it at the mo!

Joby, will have to share a few beers and discuss it at the NEC :drinking: :lol: good luck with the TT

I asked in that sort of way to try and suggest that it's pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things :) You have one of, if not THE best Corrado's in the country Paul. Yes, to put that right will be a shit - time consuming and expensive. But the car is virtually flawless in every other aspect and you should be proud of what you've achieved with it.

Put it on ice, forget about it and tackle it when the love comes back. You've got two other Corrado's to enjoy in the mean time and that little blemish isn't exactly going to spiral out of control in the winter months with it all locked away in your garage!

I'm guessing it's the nugget coming down for the Classic Car Show and not the VR in November?

I Know mate I know, it just gets me at this time of year and it happens every year and it gets worse as i get older Lol!

Yes it'll be Sunflower at the NEC :flower: be nice to see if it'll compare with the attention it grabbed at harewood.

Your'e right Kip, you do get well fed up with them, its the constant striving for that perfection, but it being a car it wears and get scratched or paint chips when you take em out each time, so its bound to have an effect such as you have at the moment, you just cant achieve what you are trying to do, so use it a tad more and enjoy the driving as apposed to the striving mate.!

I wondered which Mod would crack first and edit the thread title :lol:

:hitler: :wave: :shock: 8) :lol: :tongue: :| :gag: :notworthy: :nuts: :p :camp:

Your'e right Kip, you do get well fed up with them, its the constant striving for that perfection, but it being a car it wears and get scratched or paint chips when you take em out each time, so its bound to have an effect such as you have at the moment, you just cant achieve what you are trying to do, so use it a tad more and enjoy the driving as apposed to the striving mate.!

Tell me bout it matey did you manage to sell yours? Shame to be honest and i was shocked too!