Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

Excessive use of tyre shine = squeaking noise?

Bit (very) random one this.

I've had a strange squeaking noise from front wheels for few weeks now.

Had it in to have looked at with no success.

After a full clean, I used a fairly considerable amount of 'tyre shine' spray to bring the tyres from horrible grey look to nice black shine. I may've sprayed quite high up on the tyre wall also :ignore:

Could the run-off from this heavy application be causing the squeaking noise. As in, it's got on to some of the moving parts in the front wheel set up??

Anyone else have similier squeaking noise? It's doing me head in :brickwall:

Surely not mate, I use shit loads of this stuff and I've never had any dramas. I too (show/event depending) spray loads of tyre shine into the wheel arches and I've never had any bizzare squeaking noises.

Could well be bearings.. I was getting what could only be described as squeaking noises from my year old GSF bearings before I fecked em off and got VW ones put in! :(

Wheel bearings are normally a drowning kind of noise I though.... Check clearance with the brake shields, sometime if this catches the disc or if a heat shield is becoming loose. Check the suspension fully for the Arb bushes, drop links etc. I would jack the front up and spin the wheels by hand and at the same time you can check for play in the wheel to determine wheel bearings.....

cheers for replies.

It's at it's worst when turning right, and lower the speed the noisier it is.

Noise is coming from the passenger side front. It's due in for M.O.T. on 16th, which I feel it may fail :confused4:

so I've it provisional booked into the local garage for straight after.