Sign in to follow this  
Rams

OBD2 Questions

I have the inlet, throttlebody, wiring loom that connects into the side of the engine, but do I need the complete loom from the fuse board to run across the bulk head to the ecu? Im getting confused with what exactly I need. The ECU and transponder and keys are on there way, still trying to source a MAF. Do I need the plastic pipe that comes off the maf to the throttle body? Mine has annother pipe that comes off that pipe which I believe is for the ISV and know the obd2 isv is built into the throttlebody so assuming I need a different pipe?

Do I need anything else for the conversion??? Different sensors / relays etc? My plan is to get everything ready to hand to my mechanic and we can do the conversion together.

Whats the best way forward for doing the change? Remove tmy complete wiring loom, lay it side by side the obd2 loom? Someone mentioned buying new plugs from VW ?? Mine is a late vr6 if that makes any difference.

For anyone thats carried out the conversion, do you have any pics or advise and step by step instructions? A list of all the parts used etc? Be great for any help here.

I have the inlet, throttlebody, wiring loom that connects into the side of the engine, but do I need the complete loom from the fuse board to run across the bulk head to the ecu? Im getting confused with what exactly I need. The ECU and transponder and keys are on there way, still trying to source a MAF. Do I need the plastic pipe that comes off the maf to the throttle body? Mine has annother pipe that comes off that pipe which I believe is for the ISV and know the obd2 isv is built into the throttlebody so assuming I need a different pipe?

Do I need anything else for the conversion??? Different sensors / relays etc? My plan is to get everything ready to hand to my mechanic and we can do the conversion together.

Whats the best way forward for doing the change? Remove tmy complete wiring loom, lay it side by side the obd2 loom? Someone mentioned buying new plugs from VW ?? Mine is a late vr6 if that makes any difference.

For anyone thats carried out the conversion, do you have any pics or advise and step by step instructions? A list of all the parts used etc? Be great for any help here.

You need the engine loom and the bay loom to fuse board.

Blank the pipe,OBD2 has a motorized throttle body that controls the idle.

You also can have the immoblizer removed for around 50 quid via steath or C2 ect for ease of fittment.

All the sensors on the engine are the same as the coil pack -late VR6,bar the maf and throttle body which you have.

Remove the servo ect to gain accsess to the loom and to pull it out,lie them on the ground together but you will need to remove all the headlight lighting etc from the OBD2 loom,and you might incounter a problem with wipers and aux water pump not working so check the loom before fitting.

links

http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE2.html

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... conversion

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3914622

Thankyou......

So, I can keep my pipe from maf onwards by blanking it? Is that what you mean?

I am just printing the wiring diagrams out and going to spend tonight reading it all...

Much appreciated.....

I recently changed my ignition barrel switch so its already has a bolt rather than the snap bolts securing it. Plus I dont have door handles so I can just use the new key thats being sent with the pick up and transponder..... So in theory, I shouldn't have any immobiliser issues? Is that correct?

yea the intake hose has the air bleed for the idle valve on the obd1 so this is not needed,black the hole in the pipe...job done!

You will have all the components for the immobilizer,but if there is a problem it will fire them die,best before you go for a start,cycle the ignition and check for fault codes,this will be a good means to fix faults before they happen.

Also i have a late OBD2 wiring diagrame on pdf,if you want i can send this to you via email,pm me if you want it.

Cheers

So do you need to change the actual engine loom?? the one with the injector wiring on etc??

Im getting a little confused, going to be doing this conversion in the near future. I was under the impression it was just the fuseboard loom that needed changing.

I believe that needs to be changed, I bought that on the assumption that it was the complete loom but only received the ancilary loom as per what you were describing.

If the golf loom plugs into the c board then cant the c loom be used and adapted? Or is this too complicated as new wires may need adding or deleting? Someone mentions just buying new plugs, meaning part of the c loom can be used. (Unclear on that)

I have asked a couple of guys on ebay to consider selling their golf bits separately.... I know there are some people after a 2.8 block so he may find interest here.

Ive got till Wednesday to find one otherwise I'm going ahead with taking the engine out to get the chains and timing stuff replaced. Would have been easier to have changed the loom standing in the engine bay! Theres still a few days of hope!