KIPVW

Nugget almost done! Well top bit anyway :)

Finding a quid under the seat will make a Yorkshireman grin like that every time!!

Glad the yellow peril is back and ready for some serious TLC.

LOl! Shame it was only ten pence :)

I think the original slush puppy sticker i found might be worth considerably more :)

Bit of an update all the bits back from being blasted and painted so whacked the cross member bushes in with my special tool ;) and bolted it all back together ish lol!

Did a little cleaning too while stuff is out the way, a bit more to do before it's back on the road but was nice to get it back in the garage rather than covered up on the drive.

Took the seats out to clean too and cant tell you how weird it is not being able to sit back, sat on my tool box instead Lol! :)

Ha Ha! It has been said a few times Jim ;) amongst cycling chums too so to be one in Corrrado terms is even more gratifying :)

Poor thing really doesn't like being run at the moment, been stood for 10 months now so really must crack on and get it tested and give it some good drives out over the Snake :)

That should settle it down a little.

Have you refuelled it? A 10 month old tank of fuel probably won't be too zesty any more and will really need replacing..

Not yet mate it isn't tested yet so once all is back together i may change the fuel filter too and get some super in it. I really feel it just needs to be driven a lot to wake it up! Hopefully anyhow! :)

And for anyone wondering that heap of black metal will be coming out of the garage tonight to make room for my Storm when it comes home from a little trip elsewhere overnight :)

And for anyone wondering that heap of black metal will be coming out of the garage tonight to make room for my Storm when it comes home from a little trip elsewhere overnight :)

Lookout........Corrado wars coming to a suburb near you! :)

Why did the theme from "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly just spring into my head?

I know where it went last night because I drove past it this morning.

What were you possibly having done there?

I know where it went last night because I drove past it this morning.

What were you possibly having done there?

Errrr, I'm wondering where you saw it 'cause it would be pretty obvious what would have been happening to it where it should have been this morning. Maybe I should have noted the mileage in case she has been taken on a joy ride!!!.... ;) lol

It was outside Central Garage, what were they doing then, touching up stone chips or something that have built up through the summer.

Anyway having seen what they work on I recon it is/was in safe hands. I quite like that Audi quattro UR they have in at the moment.

Well as most of the interior was out before going to the body shop when it arrived back home it was a bit dusty/dirty to say the least so thought may as well remove the lot so took out the headlining and sunroof panel and got to work on that with AG Interior cleaner, works wonders on headlining and carpets :)

Also decided to remove all the centre tunel and then the whole carpet as it was almost yellow in colour but after a good fettle with the AG it came up smashing and is now dried out and awaiting re-fitting with the rear door cards and all the seats after they've had a generous coating of Gliptone :)

Nice to have the rear door cards out from on top of the bedroom wardrobes :) and looking much better with all the dust cleaned off them.

Performed a very similar task to my carpets when they were out. Used Timottei shampoo on the carpets and it worked an absolute treat. Smelled nice as well.

Gliptone and AG interior cleaner rock my world.

Well not updated for a bit but things are coming along nicely now, not in any rush though as i decided to not bother trying to get it done before the year end and tax/test it for it to be stood in the garage so have saved the £250 or so for parts instead lol!

Some recent activity includeded refitting the tailgate as i wasn't happy with the finish so the body shop kindly re-did it FOC, after that was done with much help from my best mate Rich & Jude I was then able to fit all the carpet and interior once the tailgate wires were re-connected, guess next up will be to put the bumpers back on but thinking I will remove the fuel tank and check for any sign's of corrosion around the fittings there as i know it can go behind the tank so peace if mind doing that.

A few pic's, took some of inside the prear door card too to check how it was and all looks as it should so hoovered out a little dirt and squirted some cavity wax in too :)

Edited by KIPVW

Use Gunk to clean it with if it's really bad or AG engine cleaner if it's only slightly dirty, then usually use Meguires endurance tyre gel on a cloth as it's quite long lasting :)

Well very good progress today with much help from my best mate Rich (RichiepBay) been putting a few bits on ecently while i'm off work and cleaning as i went along but couldn't really do much due to my broken collar bone so as rich was off work too I gave hime a little project :lol

Got the bumper iron fitted before he came which was done in the conservatory (as you do) and had already stripped the headlights down for a refurb earlier in the week so they were all ready to go on too.

Then it was fit the horns that i'd painted up then the bumper and lights etc before fitting the wipers and the rear bumper too.

Then Philmo arrived for a look and the usual brew :)

Also did a good check round all works before the MOT next Wed's fingers crossed :)

Once it's tested I will go back to the body shop for some corrections and issues that need sorting, nothing drastic but they said once i put it all back together and see anything i dont like bring it back, well got a list as long as my arm so hope they play ball.

Jude kindly went to the petrol station with the Jerry can to get 5 litres of V Power too to top it up, bet she had a few funny looks :lol:

Oooops, pics are wrong way round but you get the idea lol!

Thanks Rich.

Edited by KIPVW

Very impressive, reckon its cleaner than your VR? Yellow will show the dirt so I bet she gets a more thorough clean!