KIPVW

Nugget almost done! Well top bit anyway :)

Looking good,but get them B pillar trims off !!

Yeah i did think that while i was out riding today Lol! will go in early tomorrow and do it :)

Been to the body shop today for a good old natter about the car, should be starting the finishing process soon (next few days) been taking off more trim which they say is much appreciated plus i have it all at home cleaned up ready to go back together, as we speak the side rubbing strips and sill covers are in the bath having a good soak to remove the self adhesive tape and all the inground dirt.

Been talking about the kind of finish i want and weather to use laquer afterwards (Nuggets weren't laquered from the factory just bare paint hence why they fade if left unattended for long periods in UV light. Definately want to keep the standard feel and look so wont be having that done. :)

all windows are out now exept doors as they can be left in, just want to crack on with it now and get it home so i can put all the stuff back in then it needs taxing and an MOT as that ran out a few weeks ago but couldn't be bothered as it'd need ages to get it ready for that and then i'd have to strip it all out again.

Plan is to get it home on a lorry as i want to tidy up the bay a little so it'll be dropped off without the front bumper and slam panel missing and i'll refit them after a little fettle :)

Thats all for now,

No pics as not much has altered but will do when we see action.

The amount of polish that will going on you won`t have to worry about the sun fading it kip, Are you going take the engine and box out to tidy up the bay? Glad to see its coming along..

Nice to see your motor is going to be back on the road soon kip.

Same cant be said for my old one though :lol:

Na not to that level just yet Richard, just wanna get using it a bit as it's hardly done 10000 miles in the last 3 years which aint good, will eventually have out the whole engine though to really sort it out and literlly strip everything thats bolted onto the engine off for a bit O Kippy love :luvlove:

What happened to your old one Danny? Missed that and if i saw what happened i've probably forgot :/ getting old Lol!

Yeah no great rush when you have 3 of the damn things lol! plus i was way too busy training on the bike between Jan & March to even want to think about it :)

Looking forward to it's return now!

Also if anyone could tell me why there is no readout on the MFA at all that'd be good, it worked after the accident then just went blank after a while. I'm wondering if the connector has detached itself due to the impat or something???

I get illumnation on all the binnacle but no readout where the MFA is clock is annalogue old style so cant check that is blank also.....

Na not to that level just yet Richard, just wanna get using it a bit as it's hardly done 10000 miles in the last 3 years which aint good, will eventually have out the whole engine though to really sort it out and literlly strip everything thats bolted onto the engine off for a bit O Kippy love :luvlove:

What happened to your old one Danny? Missed that and if i saw what happened i've probably forgot :/ getting old Lol!

Iv`e got an engine stand her you can use when your feeling brave enough mate, held mine up fine when i did mine.

Ah thanks rich that'd be ace, will be a while though yet as gotta do loads to the VR first ;)

Will be nice to have a semi usable conservatory again (though I can hardly talk as it has been my wheel store for too long this spring!) when the full interior and sundry external fittings go back where they belong :)

Great news Kip... can't wait to see this beauty back on the road again! So glad it got saved and not written off!

Great news Kip... can't wait to see this beauty back on the road again! So glad it got saved and not written off!

Indeed mate and i only have the agreed value to thank for that! Gotta also say my insurance have been truly superb throughout, i guess no one ever wants to go through all the hassle but it's far more difficult when the car actually means something to you as opposed to just another car you buy every 3 years if you know what i'm saying.

Cant wait! will definately get a full article for the mag when it's back home in one piece and i'm happy with it all!

So now begins the real worry of hoping it gets done to my satisfaction lol! but I have absolute confidence in the guys doing the work.

mine might require a bit more kip.mines been sitting in my garden since feb 2008 needing bit more than tlc :lol:

Cant bring myself to strip her!!!

mine might require a bit more kip.mines been sitting in my garden since feb 2008 needing bit more than tlc :lol:

Cant bring myself to strip her!!!

Wow thats proper poorly, Keep the faith though i'm sure it'll be up and running soon ;)

the side rubbing strips and sill covers are in the bath having a good soak

Why am I not surprised by that !

What was that Steve? I wondered who it was...........

Thanks for spotting and sorting matey.

AARRRGGGGHHHH! the paint shop just sent me these pics not 5 mins ago! Gulp let the sleepless nights commence lol! will be down tomorrow to have a closer look.....

How on earth did they manage to leave those finger prints in the second pic- you'd think they'd sort it before sending it to you!

Glad to see itl be back some point soon...

Youve gotta love grannies ay...

That cake was 10/10 too, i want one but i dont think id eat it.

Cheap to modify too, icing sugar smoothage!

hope you are joking lol!

I think your heart stopped then didn't it and you zoomed in on the pics just to make sure!! Lol

Looks great though, how long till you get it back? call me naive but didn't think it would take this long for the work to be done... I would be champing at the bit to get it back :)

Yeah the cake was pure class! Thanks to Jude x and of course to Wendy for re-arranging it on my 40th lol!

Laura, yeah i dropped the car off in January and said June July if thats ok as i was so busy riding in jan,feb and march i didn't want to have to deal with it then april is getting the VR ready for the season so it was planned tilll about now :)

Looking forward to it but really nervous too! Lol!