Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Corrado For Wheeler Dealers??

Just a thought new series of Wheeler Dealers is now on Discovery Real Time on Tuesdays.

Just a thought with the price of Corrados curently rock bottom,wonder how long it will be before Mike Brewer decides its a possibility?

This series has Subaru Impreza coming up,so a quality Corrado must be a possibility for a quick make over :? :?

The huuuge list of problems with a Corrado would mean Mike Brewer and his trusty mechanic Ed won't make any money on it!! :D

Wheeler Dealers is my favourite TV show at the moment. It's a bit cheesy at times but it's nice seeing an old car partly restored. Seeing a Corrado on there would be great. There is a forum for Wheeler Dealers on the Discovery website, there is a thread of 'cars you'd like to see' and the Corrado is mentioned a good few times.

if you took out Mike Brewer it would be watchable. He absolutely grates on me, also he told me to be quiet once which I didn't appreciate!

Just have Ed on the whole programme!

if you took out Mike Brewer it would be watchable. He absolutely grates on me, also he told me to be quiet once which I didn't appreciate!

dont give us a part story..................... :nono: when and where :lol:

I have missed this series...has it been on long?

I can't believe the Corrado has never been on WD's. It's a really good little show but they're showing the same cars now. Beetles and Campervans etc.

I love watching wheeler dealers, theres just one thing that bugs me and that is they never mention how many hours have been worked on the cars. Ed must put some serious hours in on some of the cars. With the labour costs and premises/workshop etc, the budget will be blown twice if not three times over!!

The whole point of the series is that it assumes that any hobby mechanic can do the work so there is no 'cost' for labour. Granted, some of the tools/equipment are unlikely to be owned by the average hobbyist, but Ed either improvises (i.e. the cabinet/bottle jack transmission lift) or suggests borrowing/renting stuff. I've been watching it for years, in spite of the illiterate Brewer and his "oldoutyawandfellalezhaveadeaw!" etc etc.

in spite of the illiterate Brewer and his "oldoutyawandfellalezhaveadeaw!" etc etc.

:lol:

He does get on my nerves to be honest, but doesnt put me off enough to not watch it.

Not sure i'd like to see a Corrado on there, as they do bodge some of the jobs, lets be honest.

in spite of the illiterate Brewer and his "oldoutyawandfellalezhaveadeaw!" etc etc.

He does get on my nerves to be honest, but doesnt put me off enough to not watch it.

Not sure i'd like to see a Corrado on there, as they do bodge some of the jobs, lets be honest.

They will certainly find some bodged Corrados if they were ever to start looking :lol: :lol:

Mike Brewer is`nt the worst on TV to be fair.

Clarkson and Jamie Oliver for instance :lol: :lol:

haha i dont mind Clarkson tbh, i know he says things that does wind people up.

But going on what you've said, id respond with - there are many many worse people on tv worse then Clarkson and oliver. Cheryl Cole for example. Get off the box b*tch!

haha i dont mind Clarkson tbh, i know he says things that does wind people up.

But going on what you've said, id respond with - there are many many worse people on tv worse then Clarkson and oliver. Cheryl Cole for example. Get off the box b*tch!

At least shes relatively easy on the eye :D

one thing I never understand with WD is why does Ed china always wear his best clothes to do dirty work, makes me laugh

I keep pestering mike on twitter regarding getting a Corrado on

Watched WDs today, one id seen before, but still :lol: He'd gone to see a Lexus LS400 and even before he'd seen it he said at 2k its a bargain. He was impressed by the car when he'd had a look around it. But still he tried to give the seller 1200 for it, despite him saying its already a bargain! Cheeky s0d!

Watched WDs today, one id seen before, but still :lol: He'd gone to see a Lexus LS400 and even before he'd seen it he said at 2k its a bargain. He was impressed by the car when he'd had a look around it. But still he tried to give the seller 1200 for it, despite him saying its already a bargain! Cheeky s0d!

thats what its all about...buy um cheap....sell for a profit..

although if WD's did feature a Corrado, I could see a sale price hike as dozens of would be corrado owners rush out and buy their first one...on the other hand all the old ruff dogs would get dragged out to be sold as "iconic Classics"

either way it would be good for ed to tackle one. :grin:

dont give us a part story..................... :nono: when and where :lol:

Not a very interesting story..... But I work at jaguar, walking out of our building and he is there, I presume trying to do an interview with a jaguar person of some type, camera crew and all that.I don't believe they were filming at the time though! However he has decided to do it right next to the cigarette shelter (I don't smoke was there chatting with my friend) and he glares at us and tells us to be quiet! The cheek we were on our well earned break from listening to complaining customers and we weren't allowed to talk! How rude!

I did start to come back with a retort but then I got scared that he might come back with some crap mockeny rhyming slang that i wouldn't be able to understand!

But as someone else has said I still watch it, he's just blatantly an idiot! Lol

although if WD's did feature a Corrado, I could see a sale price hike as dozens of would be corrado owners rush out and buy their first one...on the other hand all the old ruff dogs would get dragged out to be sold as "iconic Classics"

:lol: i understand thats what the programme is about. My point was there's a difference between bartering to get it cheaper, and robbing the poor bloke. :?

Personaly i like porky old brewer and Lanky old Mr china :) Have spoken to them both a few times at the Nec classic car show and they both were very polite and chatty to me and the mrs :)

I think they are both ace and love the show.

You have to barter!! If the seller accepts a stupid price that's his fault!

:lol: i understand thats what the programme is about. My point was there's a difference between bartering to get it cheaper, and robbing the poor bloke. :?[/quote:1odyshxe]

Just to resurrect this thread, I met Mike Brewer at the NEC Classic Car Show today (Friday 12th) . I shook his hand, told him I didn't want a picture or his autograph and just said "when are we going to see a Corrado on Wheeler Dealers?"

He said "the series after this one - I've bought a G60 with a blown supercharger", smiled, and walked off somewhere.

So keep an eye out for it :)