Sign in to follow this  
nathan

Wishbone Alternative Suppliers

Is there a good quality alternative to VW wishbones for a VR6?

Want to replace mine but the Dealers want £115 per side, which is simply out of my price range at present.

I've seen some Febi ones for £33+VAT from AVS, would these be a reasonable alternative or does the price reflect the complete difference in quality?

Just looking for some options really, any help appreciated.

I wouldn't touch unipart with a bargepole tbh - there bushes seem to last a year or 2 at most the same as Febi - sh1te!

If you can't afford new ones then get the existing ones blasted and powder coated and fit a new new VW front bushes and TT/R32 rear ones.

Unless they are bent which is very unlikely on a VR or really badly corroded they will come up a treat!

i fitted febi ones from avs. They are fine for normal applications and ive had a number of people in the trade recommend febi. Feel free to wait 18months for my long term test results but i suspect they will be fine :)

febi ones will do the job but may well corrode quite quickly, best give them a liberal spray of protective wax.

I'd suggest Lemforder ones from ECP, expensive but probably identical to the VW ones.

Refurbing the originals would have been my preferred option, unfortunately no where to park up the C with them off.

Might even consider buying the cheapest I can find, then refurb the originals to put them back on sometime in the near future, its a bit long winded but I do want to upgrade the suspension within the next year, so an option.

Cheers for the alternatives - more food for thought at least

febi ones will do the job but may well corrode quite quickly, best give them a liberal spray of protective wax.

I'd suggest Lemforder ones from ECP, expensive but probably identical to the VW ones.

Thanks for the advice - I'll make sure they get a good clean and waxoyl next time im down there!