davidwort

aftermarket LED daytime running lights, Y/N?

would you fit aftermarket LED running lights at the front?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. would you fit aftermarket LED running lights at the front?

what do you all think, set into the original clusters?

am I just having a mad 5 mins? I hate every Audi and Merc I see with them, but it might be envy :lol:

A definite NO. They look crass, even on cars that have been designed with them on.

They're the new angel eyes, imo cars that are not designed for them look poo. Its all a bit Ripspeed for my liking, bling and tat on an older car.

I'm literally stunned that you're even thinking about this David! They look utter crap even on modern cars, and look truely awful when retrofitted to older cars.

Definitely no!

I did think about it, then i thought it may look gash and i'll ruin some perfectly good and expensive lights!

:norty: It was me. I quite like them on the Audi, an i was a fan of the BMW angel eyes as well..but only on the cars they were originally intended for.. I think the C's lights would be too boxy and not modern enough to take them. still like the idea though :clap:

which edge of the lights would you have them on? part of me thinks along the bottom would look ok if matched with HIDs or the blue bulbs you get these days, part of me doesnt :D

I hate every Audi and Merc I see with them, but it might be envy :lol:

Thats the only reason i bought an A4 S line avant new at the start of the year.... just for the lights.

but not on a corrado :pukeright:

which edge of the lights would you have them on? part of me thinks along the bottom would look ok if matched with HIDs or the blue bulbs you get these days, part of me doesnt :D

yes along the lower leading edge of the headlight.

I've been tempted to get some cheapo stick on ones from fleebay just to see what they would look like. (Glad im not the only one who considered them!) Lower leading edge would be the only place to put them imo.

Arse, the Yes / No votes seem have gotten wiped when the obligatory Ham option was added!

Oh well. It was 19 for No, and 6 for Yes just before I bungled it up :D

As for the LED lights, I feel sorry for the people who got a company Merc or Audi and can't turn the damn things off :lol: I'd be in the fusebox immediately disabling those feckers....

you may laugh, but in a couple of years all cars will have them, EU regs and all that, and as LEDs are fairly efficient expect most manufacturers to use them for DRLs.

Sadly I foresaw this. Ou can get some seriously powerful led's these days. Though I expect most companies will go for the 3 led cluster rather than the led strip.