Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

v6 4mo or an s3?

Indeed! I assumed Poll250 knew that already :D

The MK4 R32 is definitely good value for money and a good handling car! It's quick enough for the time being and an utter thug if you turbo it :D

Going back to the 4Mo engine. I'd be interested in trying some cams and good remap on one and see what it can knock out. I reckon 240hp is doable with the right parts, maybe a little more.

Going back to the 4Mo engine. I'd be interested in trying some cams and good remap on one and see what it can knock out. I reckon 240hp is doable with the right parts, maybe a little more.

with a good stainless exhaust and a BMC/carbonio etc etc and a re-map you can get approx 240bhp, as thats what a mates 4motion got so no need for cams to get to 240bhp.

everytime i think i decide what i want someone says something that makes me change my mind

haha, same here...

doubt im gonna find an r32 for 4mo or s3 money or i would

just missed an s3 in sheffield for 3.5k :(

id get a s3 over a 4mo any day s3 put a decent exhaust system fat inter cooler and a chip it will be over 300 bhp

with a good stainless exhaust and a BMC/carbonio etc etc and a re-map you can get approx 240bhp, as thats what a mates 4motion got so no need for cams to get to 240bhp.

Seriously? Nice :D

I was thinking of running my 2.8 24V around normally aspirated for a while before turboing it. Sounds like it'll be quite a good engine!

Cheers Karl

Really tempted to get Schimmel to bung some of his 24V 264 cams over for me to try :norty:

Are the 4mo's like r32's and really low end heavy? I keep looking at 4mo golfs but don't want one if it's like the r32 and makes all its power before 4k lol. I personally love the vr's power delivery!

They do pull more from low down but dont really tail of that much. Probably still as much as the 12v its just the 12v feels like it pull more at the top end because there is bugger all low down. If that makes sense. Ive seen a couple of remapped 4motions around 235 / 240bhp. Drive both and find out and dont factor mpg as both are as bad as each other.

Sorry to revive this but been considering a 4-motion today (something a bit more modern with 4 wd) also i loved the wide arched 4 mo in performance v , how do they compare to the vr6 rado performance wise?

Sorry to revive this but been considering a 4-motion today (something a bit more modern with 4 wd) also i loved the wide arched 4 mo in performance v , how do they compare to the vr6 rado performance wise?

i have driven both, and to be honest theres chuff all in them standard, spend £1000 on the 4mo with exhaust/induction/re-map and you will see 240bhp, spend £1000 on a vr6 and you will get about 215bhp.

mmmmm interesting, im surprised just how cheap the golfs are...

they are a real bargain at the moment, i'm kinda tempted to get one myself and start tinkering with one.

Inddedy, saw the turbo'd one in PVW, looks fun! Not loving the faux wooden interiors on the ones i ve been looking at though!

Inddedy, saw the turbo'd one in PVW, looks fun! Not loving the faux wooden interiors on the ones i ve been looking at though!

the faux wood can either be wrapped (cheap look) or slowly get the r32 ali bits as you can afford it, or just get them sprayed a nice satin black.

yeah thats exactly the sort of thing im after, could maybe afford a little more for lower mileage but the black 3 door looks good!

Yeah I'd be happy with that also. Stick a turbo on it and you've got a serious weapon :D

I really like this look (less the gash stickers and spoilers) but it's not achievable with sensible money. I don't think VW even make the panels anymore either, but it's the only MK4 I've ever liked. Way better than all the boring scened up MK4s.

golf_dahlback_elevatedfront.jpg