Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

v6 4mo or an s3?

I think it costs about 70 quid to fill, obviously plus or minus a couple either way depending on fuel quality.

Miles, ive never taken in to empty but id guess 400ish motorway driving, not doodling but no land speed record attempts...

Cheers.

Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes

bought like this,worth it imop :D

I have a mate with one aswell and we went out in the heavy snow looking to get stuck,never did so just did doughnuts instead :lol:

Argh! Will you lot stop going on about 4motions and S3, you're giving me bad ideas....... again!

Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes

bought like this,worth it imop :D

I have a mate with one aswell and we went out in the heavy snow looking to get stuck,never did so just did doughnuts instead :lol:

If you dont mind me asking how much did it set you back?

:p just get one and go play in the snow :norty:

Right,anyone want my car? Details in my Sig. I'll take £3.5k with standard wheels & brakes or £5k with the Rotas and APs.... :lol:

i'm a hairdresser lol, put a deposit on a 2002 TT today totally standard apart from a custom code re-map approx 270bhp 285lb, its black with grey leather :pukeright: so that gonna be changed by saturday lol, 72k on the clock with 2 owners, will get some pics up tomorrow.

i'm a hairdresser lol, put a deposit on a 2002 TT today totally standard apart from a custom code re-map approx 270bhp 285lb, its black with grey leather :pukeright: so that gonna be changed by saturday lol, 72k on the clock with 2 owners, will get some pics up tomorrow.

Out of the S3/R32/TT trio I prefer the TT shape by a mile. Would love a 3.2TT but they're still a bit expensive, so it'd have to be a chipped 225.

I think I need to have a test of the three above before I stump up the money for my Stealth Turbo + Racelogic setup.

Will be interested to see how you get on with the TT Karl.

i paid top dollar for the TT as its mint so could have bought a 3.2v6 for the same money, but a re-mapped 225 TT is quicker that a v6 yeh its not a v6 etc etc and you dont have to tell me the pro's cons of having a v6 over a 20vt, but looking at getting a gt30 strapped onto it within a month lol.

your more than welcome to have a go in mine mate

karl

i love the s3 and been thinking of the same been looking around at 2nd gen s3 they are still expensive but value for money for a 3 year old 30 grand car 14 grand gets you a good one. but life without an electric spoiler and all the looks and chufties you get with them makes the rado worth keeping. I find alot of more modern cars dead in the way they drive fast yes but no steering feel. You will always miss the corrado just something about them well thats what i tell myself :grin:

You will love the TT :) Had mine a couple of months now 2001 225 in silver with blue leather 62000 on the clock, Stanard until 8thjan then D&G autotech are gonna work ther magic and hopefully get me 275 bhp :clap: and loads of torque, To be fair its been fantastic in the snow even with michelin sports on! Loads of people looking astonished at how i can get up the hills while they are stranded :D Even in standard form it would leave a standard VR6 for dead so they aint slow good all round fun for a middle aged bloke like me :lol:

I've had two mk1 TT's and loved them. The second was the slightly facelifted one (I forget which year they came in) with larger standard alloys and stiffer suspension. I really miss that car and only sold it because after a year I had only done around 3k miles in it and at the time I didn't have off street parking (it sustained several minor scratches due to other peoples poor parking and it used to wind me up). So I sold it back to the dealer for almost the same price I paid for it and spent the next year without a car until my daughter came along :D It was the only car I've ever bought new and while I wouldn't do it again it was lovely seeing it roll off the delivery lorry :D

It was an amazingly capable and comfortable car that made me grin every time I got in it. I do love the bigger capacity V6's in my previous VR6 and current 4Mo but the 1.8t is a very good engine too (I didn't tune it - I tend to keep all my cars very standard).

If I didn't have kids then I'd certainly have one tomorrow. But the only thing that would put me off slightly now is that there are so many of them around that they simply aren't special any more. Great cars but it won't have the rarity factor of the Corrado.

pics as promised, i have sold the 540i :( and the guy who has bought it is coming down on tuesday with the cash, so on tuesday i will be picking up the TT, shame the BM has to go but just want all memories of what has happened gone :(

Looks nice Karl, they're a great car, excellent car with unrivalled interior. Far better proposition for daily duties than a Corrado if you want hassle free ownership. Hit it with the lowering stick, late grill and up the power, sorted

Can someone who owns or has owned both a vr6 and an s3 give me a comparison, pro's con's etc? Just drove the vr6 back from essex and loved it so having second thoughts but i do want the power and 4wd of the audi...

ask that on here and you will get the answer of corrado all the time,ask that on audi sport forum .....you get the drift :lol: try if you can have a go in a S3 and deside on that?

Looks nice Karl, they're a great car, excellent car with unrivalled interior. Far better proposition for daily duties than a Corrado if you want hassle free ownership. Hit it with the lowering stick, late grill and up the power, sorted

already looked at the gt30 turbo conversion gareth, trust me it wont stay un-touched in the first 24 hours in my ownership lol

Can someone who owns or has owned both a vr6 and an s3 give me a comparison, pro's con's etc? Just drove the vr6 back from essex and loved it so having second thoughts but i do want the power and 4wd of the audi...

The obvious differences have already been talked about:

S3 - reliable, very tunable, sporty, good grip and handling

4Mo - reliable, big engine feel, nice sound, more discreet, lots of torque, less sporty looks, reasonable handling but still has lots of grip (but can wallow a little if not modified)

Corrado VR6 - peaky engine so not much low down, very good handling, not going to be as reliable, less modern, but has rarity factor that the others can't match

What are you looking for in your next car? If you're looking for a reliable daily then I'd have the S3 (or a 4Mo). If your priority is engine noise and the rarity factor (and you can put up with a occasional niggles) then I'd suggest keeping the Corrado. What is it that you love about the Corrado and what is it about it that makes you want to change it?

Maybe the 4Mo is a good compromise if you're after the big engined feel with 4WD and slightly more modern? I know you've already dismissed the 4Mo but if you wanted to have a good look around a low mileage well looked after one, and a bit of a drive without feeling rushed on a test drive, then you're more than welcome to pop over and take a look at mine. It's not for sale and it's the 5 door version so wouldn't be what you're looking for anyway... but it might help your decision a bit. I'm not too far away from you.

Sorry to throw another decision your way but have you considered a mk1 TT? Lovely cars and I'd have one over an S3, and they are probably the closest you'd get to a modern Corrado (excluding the new Scirocco which is way more expensive).

What are you looking for in your next car? If you're looking for a reliable daily then I'd have the S3 (or a 4Mo). If your priority is engine noise and the rarity factor (and you can put up with a occasional niggles) then I'd suggest keeping the Corrado. What is it that you love about the Corrado and what is it about it that makes you want to change it?

Maybe the 4Mo is a good compromise if you're after the big engined feel with 4WD and slightly more modern? I know you've already dismissed the 4Mo but if you wanted to have a good look around a low mileage well looked after one, and a bit of a drive without feeling rushed on a test drive, then you're more than welcome to pop over and take a look at mine. It's not for sale and it's the 5 door version so wouldn't be what you're looking for anyway... but it might help your decision a bit. I'm not too far away from you.

Sorry to throw another decision your way but have you considered a mk1 TT? Lovely cars and I'd have one over an S3, and they are probably the closest you'd get to a modern Corrado (excluding the new Scirocco which is way more expensive).

I like the TT from a performance point of view but being a 6'1" rugby player i dont think i could get away with it. Again with the 4 motion im just not a fan of mk4 shape but thanks for the offer if i do change my mind il def take you up on it! I love the looks of the rado and the noise it makes. What i dont like is that squeezing extra power out of it is going to be expensive. I like the idea of easily having 280bhp with £400 and 4wd in the s3 and having a newer interior etc.