Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

what to do?

soooo i have got it down to 3 cars,just need someone to make sense of things cause upto now its between 1 & 2

1/ 2003 bora v6 4 motion 62k heated leathers etc......£2.5k

2/ 2000 bora tdi 110bhp 106k fsh coilovers,17" split rims......£2.8k (was 3.2k)

3/ 2002 bora tdi 150bhp 122k fsh...........£3.5k (havent tried knockin him down yet )

what do i go for???

Completely agree with the above. V6 and 4WD. I have the same in my 4Mo and love it to bits. Personally I'd get a Golf over a Bora but the Bora is fantastic value.

instant reaction to that list is that it'll take you a fair while to spend that grand you save over the 150tdi on fuel in the V6 and you'll probably win out on maintenance costs on the V6 too, so many people expect a diesel to be cheap to run but think again, especially on a 106/122k mile TDI.

The 60K v6 should be a much tidier, less worn car generally too, and you should barely hear it running until you floor it of course :)

Not necessarily. My Mk4 150Tdi has 144k on it and only issue Ive had was a punctured rad. It sailed the last MOT with no advisories and does 50-60mpg. Its also very petrol like for a diesel.

Why a Bora? Out of them Id go with the 4mo, thats a good price.

I'm stunned you can get that much card (the Bora V6) for so little money! Really think I need to get shot of one Corrado and get a nicer daily sorted!

Really depends what you want. Fuel economy on that V6 will be poor but then it'll be as sure footed as a mountain goat, be lovely and smooth, and sound great. The TDI's are nice motors - I ran one in a MK4 Golf for a year or so. It was every bit as economical as I hoped it would be (53MPG with the car 4 up and loaded with gear, on a drive to Wales once... awesome) and the torque if you used it right could catch out some properly cars with bad drivers... but the engine is soulless and the diesel thrum can get on your nerves sometimes. You even start to find even the most humdrum petrol engines sounding meaty and soulful! :)

So - really, horses for courses. If you don't mind the extra running costs of the V6 then it's a no brainer.

Oh - and don't let "coilovers / split rims" sway your decision.. surely it's more important that the car has been looked after in other areas, than having some shiny things on it? :)

V6 Bora by a mile.

Owned both a V5 Bora and a V6 4Motion Golf. Bora is torsionally stiffer than the Golf so with standard suspension is a slightly better handling car - bootspace is better too but the 4Mo does rob the boot of some depth.

Obvious what my answer is going to be and just as another take on it the V6 Boras are rare, i believe we are talking around 200 in the country...

I think mate in all honesty the v6 option 1 is the best. Two of my friends had v6 4 motions, one a golf and the other a bora and they where awesome value for the money!! One of the guys sold the 4 motion bought a diesel to do longer miles with work and almost cried. The diesels are nice but the 4 motion is in a different league!!!!!

Just think... Lower miles... newer car.... Rariety factor...(kudos).... and standard (superior spec).... Cheapest price..... and from the brief description unmolested. I have to say I would myself rather buy the cheaper and far superioir starting point to create something I want. When buying something modded you never quite know how the work has been done and to what standard... :camp:

Well my man you have made a wise decision one you will seriously not regret!!!! Looking forward to those pics.. Where abouts in donny are you from...?

Good purchase. I'm like you nowadays. I love V6's. I do miss my TT's 1.8T 225bhp when driving quickly but thoroughly enjoy the V6 in my 4Mo all the time. It's lovely when driving sedately and when you put your foot down you feel the power gently but relentlessly swell. It never feels amazingly quick but it just keeps pulling and pulling and pulling.

I once had a lovely mk3 VR6 Highline and loved the engine in that but the modern 24v feels so much better in my opinion.

Good choice. I bet it's a lovely smooth drive. Looking forward to some piccies.

im from the bronx that is balby lol

gonna go an give it a wash after ive had a brew :)

Good stuff about 30 mins from Gainsborough...... I used to date a a girl from up near by you... :cuckoo: ( I used to travel 180 miles each way every weekend.... on a bike.... for three years lol) Nice looking corrado mate have you had it long?