Sign in to follow this  
wy906

How often do you change the oil?

Every 6 months (about 4k miles for me) - oil and filter (or if I'm feeling tight, oil only every 6 months and filter 1 per year). Mines a '92 G60.

i change oil and filter every 6000 miles as a rule.....my engine is 2 years old, and just come upto 21,000 miles.

3-5k miles. When it's dirty. Oil and filter.

VR6 70-80k miles on the engine replaced in 2001ish.

5-6000 miles, but when you've got a mocal, the oil will never be clear for long as there's always a bit left in the cooler after its drained :(

plus I never go above 35000 revs before the oil hits 80 degrees :nono: so engine wear should be minimal. bit tricky sometimes when someone taunts me and the engine's cold but hey, I'm an adult :dorky:

plus I never go above 35000 revs before the oil hits 80 degrees :nono: so engine wear should be minimal. bit tricky sometimes when someone taunts me and the engine's cold but hey, I'm an adult :dorky:

:o holy sh!t

:o holy sh!t

beat me to it !! just :norty:

oil 5k, filter 5k (usually) or 10k depends how flush i am - cos those filters are so expensive!!

I also bang in some Comma engine flush for about 100 miles or so to shift any crap.

1.8 valver 200387miles 8) 8) 8)

i dont floor mine until 96 degrees usually, my boost controller beeps at me otherwise to tell me off :nono: :lol:

I wonder how many years/miles we add to the life of our cars by being so thoughtful with oil temps and regular changes ?

i use engine oil test set,theyre brillant.gives you a good idea the state of your oil and if its starting to break down.

or do a visual,rub and sniff test.

visual-does it look black and flow like treacle?-change time

rub-put a drop between your fingers,does it feel like soap or like a paste?(if like paste,change)

sniff-does it smell like burnt dog turd or petrol?-change (and tell the dog to stop sh!ttn in the engine :grin: )