Sign in to follow this  
stu37

Wiper blades being tottaly sh*t!!!!

Hi guys I have just bought some new retrofit wiper blades (bosch) and they dont even touch the fu*king screen!!!! The centres literally have a gap of abour 4mm between the blade itself and the windscreen! Has anyone else had this problem. Either im thinking the springs in the arms are worn or they are bent....? Any ideas would be a great help..

i had some ,i had to bend the arm.then they are still not great so i bought some lupo arms and new blades and its great now

Mine were awful, i bent the arms to try get them working a bit better but then i managed to get hold of 2 audi TT wiper arms and i will never ever use those horrible, crappy arms and blades ever again. I spent a while contacting audi breaker yards for the arms as i wasn't going to pay £120 for em brand new. Managed to source 2 after a bit of searching and its one of the best mods i've done, if not THE best, the difference is amazing! And theres no problems with the arms lifting off the screen at speed on a motorway.

I have Bosch Super Plus blades and bent the standard wiper arms and they work as well as any wipers on new cars

I just dont fancy bending the life out of my wiper arms! Problem hopefully should be sorted.... TT WIPERS on order and should be with me monday..... Fingers crossed.

Mine were awful, i bent the arms to try get them working a bit better but then i managed to get hold of 2 audi TT wiper arms and i will never ever use those horrible, crappy arms and blades ever again. I spent a while contacting audi breaker yards for the arms as i wasn't going to pay £120 for em brand new. Managed to source 2 after a bit of searching and its one of the best mods i've done, if not THE best, the difference is amazing! And theres no problems with the arms lifting off the screen at speed on a motorway.

Followed your advice mate and got a pair of arms for a steel so hopefully no more problems!!!! :salute:

Fingers crossed the TT wipers will be here tomorrow and then its just a matter of sorting the blade lengths. Does anyone know of the correct blade lengths for TT arms on a Corrado?

Go to Halfords and buy the Bosch 928S set. It retails at £27.99 but with a trade card you'll get them for just over £15.

The go straight on the standard arms and fit without any modification.

Fingers crossed the TT wipers will be here tomorrow and then its just a matter of sorting the blade lengths. Does anyone know of the correct blade lengths for TT arms on a Corrado?

I didnt cut mine ! just slightly bent the passenger arm (over my knee) it does away with the silly little triangle of uncleared screen at the bottom !

It really is a great mod :D