VR6 Lee

Grand Turismo 5 - Official Thread

I need to find time to play this game... grrr!!!

Last Login 5th December 2010...lol :mad:

FAIL!!! lol ;-)

The pick up thing? you actually win a pick up on one of the races. I sold it for the £££ and didnt realise id need it. Cant seem to find one either. If anyone has one i can borrow feel free to send if over :D

Sure, I'll fire one over in a bit. Which race is it you're trying? Pickups at Pro level?

Just have the TV on at the moment so will try and play later.

Does anyone know how the Online mode of the garage works? Does it allow online friends to use those vehicles rather than having to physically gift them over?

Cheers Tom, i owe you. Not to worry if its not tonight as i cant get chance to get GT5 on, recently. Its for the Amateur pick up races and what ever other ones there is to do.

I think the fun goes out of it when you have a stupidly fast car, takes the fun out of the race when you get first place from the start and pull away with ease after.

I bought a chevvvy silverrado second hand for 90,000 for the truck race. I didnnt enjoy spending all that on it. I did spend 245,000 on a skyline from there though, Its fully Carbon and at 750BHP, it flys. I got a veyron, I done 254mph in it yesterday anybody gone faster? I won it quite quick, shame its not a premium though.

I think the fun goes out of it when you have a stupidly fast car, takes the fun out of the race when you get first place from the start and pull away with ease after.

I agree whole heartedly tbh. Its got to be at least a little challenging.

I try to play it without mods and add a little as poss. The best thing to add I find is a customisable gearbox, if Im getting annoyed. Easiest way to get credits atm is the seasonal events, mega credits there if you come 1st. Not too difficult either

Which ones Kemp and what's the tactic? Not really tackled any apart from the RX7 at Tsuksuba (sp?).

Ive been hammering this myself over the past few nights, level 20 in A-spec & 14 in B-spec. now & Ive just got my hands on the Pagani Zonda R & the Veyron so now the fun can really begin :afro:

Im toiling now with the wet weather challenges, need to keep it on the track but with enough pace & my style would be seen as a bit "Mcrae" :eek: :D

Think you sent me the wrong car Tom, was after a pick up for the sports truck race on amateur

I think you're talking about the spare Shelby Cobra I gifted to you ... not been on to sort a truck out tonight. Unless someone else has...?

Pretty annoyed really. Went to have a go at the london time trial 2. Limited to 246bhp. Bought an integra type r modded it and bought the correct tyres. Spent most of my cash doing it and i couldnt even get under a minute. I dont know how the leading player got 55.738 ??? so spent all that cash and could go any faster then 1:01

i will not probs, I want it back in the same condition though lol..

PS the seasonal events cars need upgraded gearbox's or you got no chance

i will not probs, I want it back in the same condition though lol..

PS the seasonal events cars need upgraded gearbox's or you got no chance

ah, thanks for the tip Ryan. Shame ive no cash left to get it upgraded. WIll have to do some more races to ge the cash. The hour or so i spent on the game, 90% of the time i spent choosing and tuning a car or staring at a loading screen.

once you win one seasonal event you'll have megabucks then like me lol

once you win one seasonal event you'll have megabucks then like me lol

I can only dreeeam :lol:

I'll keep at it. Need to spend a full afternoon and eve having a crack at them to be honest. Its not the sort of game you can go on for a quick blast ... too many loading screens for a start :lol:

ok, i just got this for my PS3... still waiting on the flipping update screen (608MB!) am itching to play it.

Any tips on what to do first to get most credits and "level up" fastest? I played GT4 and GT5 prolgue so not a total newbie...Not looking forward to having to complete the license's AGAIN!

will add you guys to my PSN if that is ok?

ok, i just got this for my PS3... still waiting on the flipping update screen (608MB!) am itching to play it.

Any tips on what to do first to get most credits and "level up" fastest? I played GT4 and GT5 prolgue so not a total newbie...Not looking forward to having to complete the license's AGAIN!

The big bucks early on is in the Special Events. You need to level up to unlock them but once you are able to compete in them, do it. The world rally one will get you well over 100K and you get to test drive 5 different supercars :)

Is it wrong then that I enjoy doing the licence tests? :grin: I love the fact there's a benchmark you've got to achieve.

Add away :)

The loading screens really narked me off, in forza if I choose the wrong race or track while flipping through, no biggie, it takes me to an intermediary confirmation screen before loading.

GT5? Click- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD - back - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

eurgh. fail. Why even bother installing to hdd if it's gonna throw this at me! bah. Other than that, I seem to be somehow doing allrightish... had to set it to forza style controls as buttons for accel and brake just don't give me enough control.