VR6 Lee

Grand Turismo 5 - Official Thread

I bought it on the release day...only played it 3 times since.

same here, hugely dissaponted in the whole game formula 10 is miles better.

I've been playing on and off since it came out now and think it's a great game, to begin with I did think it was pants but as you progress up the levels it gets much better. Early on the AI and damage modelling were pretty much non-existant but once you get further on it improves and for the most part you can't win races by bouncing off walls in a high powered monster anymore. I'm level 24 A-spec and 23 B-spec now and enjoying it more than previous GT's

I'm particularly liking the introduction of seasonal races, they're released frequently and are good fun, a lot of a-spec races are too easy to win simply buying much more powerful cars than the opposition, the seasonal races actually take skill to win and have offer good experience and cash rewards.

To echo what others have been saying it does have its problems though:

The car physics & graphics of non-premium cars is pretty hit and miss, some feel & look great and others just wrong.

The rally races aren't any better than GT4 and still way behind even early Colin McRae games.

Some challenges & licence tests are next to impossible without a steering wheel & pedals (especially NASCAR).

Never played Forza so can't compare it to that but I did buy a big HDTV and PS3 specifically for this game and don't regret it.

Here's some dodgy pics of my cobbled together stand. Note the solid oak piece of flooring for the top :norty: .After seeing this effort, lets see what you guys are using. There are even homemade stands being sold on ebay :?

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

Honestly the crazed expression was just for the camera :shock: :nuts:

I like it Matt, how much did it cost you to make?

I wont show a pic of what i use, as currently its the ironing board set as low as it will go :lol:

Haha mate, glad you like! Cost me nothing as I had all the offcuts of wood in the basement :norty: Might feel like varnishing the top as I've got some laying around from a job. It doubles up as a little side table on the end of the sofa now for my drinks :)

Come on Gaz, pics up!!! Bet that looks funny if anyone came into your room and saw you using an ironing board :cuckoo: :lol:

I like it Matt, how much did it cost you to make?

I wont show a pic of what i use, as currently its the ironing board set as low as it will go :lol:

Haha mate, glad you like! Cost me nothing as I had all the offcuts of wood in the basement :norty: Might feel like varnishing the top as I've got some laying around from a job. It doubles up as a little side table on the end of the sofa now for my drinks :)

Come on Gaz, pics up!!! Bet that looks funny if anyone came into your room and saw you using an ironing board :cuckoo: :lol:

hahaha the girlfriend has laughed at me before now haha. :oops:

Needs a cup holder and somewhere to keep the remote close :wink:

Great work guys :lol:

Gaz, we really need to see some pics of the ironing board setup :lol:

And Matt, that looks like a nice effort .... LOVE the crazy face :grin:

Keep your setups coming guys, love to see how you're rolling!! :shock:

Cheers VR6 (Tom isn't it?) Come on fella, you need a wheel in your life :nuts:

Tom it is :salute:

I do quite fancy a wheel but based on where the TV is, I don't really have anywhere suitable to clamp it or alternatively store a proper setup. Hopefully moving house in the NY so might have to add it to the list and get a proper games room!

Tom it is :salute:

I do quite fancy a wheel but based on where the TV is, I don't really have anywhere suitable to clamp it or alternatively store a proper setup. Hopefully moving house in the NY so might have to add it to the list and get a proper games room!

That's where the ironing board comes in haha! :norty:

You can get the setups made from tubular steel - which are fully adjustable and also fold up when not used. Though it will make you £80 lighter in the wallet.

Very pricey steel stands :shock: Though when I do see a bucket seat and stand with a monitor on, I do likey lots :luvlove: Something like £250-300 ish, ouch.

I've got ideas now for improvements to my stand......everyone needs snacks and beverage storage :cuckoo: :norty:

Very pricey steel stands :shock: Though when I do see a bucket seat and stand with a monitor on, I do likey lots :luvlove: Something like £250-300 ish, ouch.

I've got ideas now for improvements to my stand......everyone needs snacks and beverage storage :cuckoo: :norty:

mini fridge :norty:

mini fridge :norty:

Stop stalling Gaz, I've got to see this ironing board arrangement, I'm going to just die laughing I know :norty: Told my mrs about it and she just cracked up!

:lol: i'll post some pics tomorrow, but im not, i repeat i am NOT posing in them :lol:

You may scoff, but it does work, not quite as steady as i would hope but it works. I will sort something better out eventually.

How much do the racing mods cost?

Great first pic btw - that's one way to cut a corner :lol:

I just bought the mk4 did nothing to it and added the racing mods straight away. 158,000 cr + Price of the car + paint and new Wheels and paint. Ive not looked into tuning it yet, I just took it for a blast on the ring and its was awesome!

Edit: That corner in the 1st pic is on a track I designed you can download it, for a laugh lol

I just bought the mk4 did nothing to it and added the racing mods straight away. 158,000 cr + Price of the car + paint and new Wheels and paint. Ive not looked into tuning it yet, I just took it for a blast on the ring and its was awesome!

Edit: That corner in the 1st pic is on a track I designed you can download it, for a laugh lol

I did do a few laps on your track Ryan, and if i remember rightly thats the corner/hill you have to take at like 10mph :lol: tricky.