Sign in to follow this  
n3p

Another ABS problem...please help!

Hi guys,

Beforehand my ABS would come on at low speeds (with 2 new front sensors), and no ABS light. Happened for about a week, then ABS light came on and stopped engaging. Didn't worry too much about it (long time before MOT is due :lol: ).

Earlier today I was standing by my car after driving (engine off) when I could hear a constant buzzing noise. Didn't register that it was coming from my car, so when I went to drive it away I was surprised that the noise was a lot louder and my abs was constantly kicking in and pulsating through the pedals. Engine off, hood up, the buzz was coming from something near the brake lines - I disconnected this wire (see pic) which got rid of it.

Anyone know what that wire connects to that was making such a buzzing noise?

Car is a 95 vr

Cheers

Maybe mate, not too sure. I have this schematic attached and it states that #12 is the pump...just can't see where this all is in relation to the car :lol:

I'll take a pic of what was buzzing later infact.

Thanks for the reply though :luvlove:

Took a picture, showing what was buzzing with the wire i disconnected...anyone know what it is?

The part you have discontected is the ABS pump motor. If this is continuously running then the ABS system indeed is same. Most likely a relay fault. Both ABS relays are located behind glove box under the dash. A VAG com scan would not go a miss either. Other things could cause this but investigation will be the only way out.

The part you have discontected is the ABS pump motor. If this is continuously running then the ABS system indeed is same. Most likely a relay fault. Both ABS relays are located behind glove box under the dash. A VAG com scan would not go a miss either. Other things could cause this but investigation will be the only way out.

Thanks for the reply! I'll go check on my relays when it's next light :luvlove:

So i borrowed my friends Vag com, and all I get is "link error" when trying to scan the ABS. Anyone know if the wire i disconnected would cause this? Scanned the engine etc ok, so a bit stumped really!

Cheers

Nick