Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Removing B&M Quickshift...

Ok.. times up, and this quick shift is gonna have to make a sharp exit real soon.

Its AWFUL. Even with the clutch fully depressed, and me taking an eternity to make gear changes, the gears sometimes fail to engage, grind, etc - its AWFUL. I'm so afraid of doing any damage as well (had warnings about cable guides going from Nigel) so I just don't want to risk anything else.

So the question is, what parts would I need from a donor Corrado to get it back to its original configuration? Vince at Stealth said it would involve dropping the exhaust system out.. but I wanna know what parts I need and how much I am looking at.. obviously i'd want parts from a breakers instead of new VAG parts...

Any info would be appreciated! Cheers.

Is that one of those hideous big lumps of alloy that nearly touches the sunroof? :pukeright: Why do people do these things? I've heard the B&M ones are especially cr#p but as a whole, short shifters are rubbish on the cable box. You could get away with on the 020 solid box, but not these....there's nothing wrong with the standard shift anyway. If you want a quicker shift, move your arm faster :!:

They are indeed awful. I hated mine too.

If you take the console out and grind away a bit of the lip on the tunnel in front of the main pivot bolt you can withraw the bolt and lift the shift lever out from insode the car.

check out http://www.dieselgeek.com for a better shifter and a useful fitting guide.

jim i can help you out with the bits u need as i have still got the 92g60 doner car here with it all in...

Jim Wait till the end of the month when i come over and i'll compare it to mine, you may just need the cables setting up correctly, im guessing that whoever put it in didn't adjust the set up correctly.

If you are gonna put the old one back in you just need the OEM lever and all the nylon bushes for it. pointless changing it all without changing them. (wounder if they were changed)

Hm - ok Nigel - I would definately appreciate it if you would have a butchers, as I am not sure its behaving 100% as its supposed to.

But failing that, might be interested Darren - because then Alex wants my quickshift kit! :)

If you could hang onto those parts, i'd be much obliged Darren.

I hated the sloppy gearchange of the corrado hence i got my quickshift. I had to grind abit of the lip Kev mentioned and also elongated the groove which is used to push the lever down and select reverse, no other problems encountered, nigels right it has to be set up correctly or else it would cause mayhem

I definately lost patience with my B&M which is why i sold it to majik! Glad you're having more luck with it than i was mate :roll: Isn't there some way you can mod the standard setup for a shorter throw??? G-man???

would you be making any more in the near future.as iwas thinking of buying a b&m shifter .thought they were good mod but know reading about other owners having problems ,is starting to put me off the idea.

has anyone got any good views,and correct fitting procedure for the short shifters.

cheers

brian :shock:

PhatVR6, don't wanna take the p**s, but do you reckon that you're gonna have any time in the near future to put up a quick 'how to' with a couple of pictures/diagrams? I know loadsa people on the forum would be interested if you could... :wink:

phatvr6 hi mate what would you be looking for ,for your b&m short shifter.and does it make much differance.

also would you or anyone else have any pics of shifter fitted in car. 8)

cheers

brian

Don't think this is really helping Jim :wink:

PM or email maybe? :p