Sign in to follow this  
Chris VR6nos

Trippy's off on one

Here are some pics of the once Max Power Corrado.

Looked pretty crap in the advert for it on Ebay and elsewhere but doesn't look too bad in these pics.

It has a TSR 2.0 16v engine giving 180bhp and has a Gemini 6speed box as well as coil-overs to boot, worth the £1750 trippy paid! ;-)

Any spare VR engines around for this conversion or does any one want a full steel crank bottom end etc spot on enging to replace thier std one?

Chris

It really is a pretty outrageous car to look at, I gotta say... wouldn't mind seeing it in real life!

Worth £1750, thats for sure.

you know something that would make a mad 1.8T project car :twisted: :evil:

know do i really need to buy a house ?!?!?!?!?!?! lol

Its kinda grown on me, I gotta say.. that year of Saxo ownership has turned me over to the Lax Power brigade!!

I can't say exactly what it is I like.. but its just how totally lairy and OTT that kit is.. it really stands out. I DEFINATELY prefer the standard shape Corrado, but if I already had one Corrado, i'd be happy to own that too for a bit of fun :D

The back of it makes it look even more like a De Lorean too :D

I saw that at Knockhill not long after it was done. It used to be bright orange!! Looked almost square. Absolutely mingin!!!!!! Only decent bits the engine.

It grows on you the more you look at it, especially the rear quarter view. It just smacks of 80s a bit too much tho....maybe a colour change, say black, would do it more justice....

yeah sad isnt it, its growning on me to :oops: it looks alot better in blue

we should all put in £10 and buy it and put a lairy 1.8T enigne in it

i agree it looks like a de lorean!!! i really dont like the look of this car, maybe without the spoiler and ''air intakes'' it may look half decent. i think id be embaressed driving round in that :shock:

Exhausts & front spoiler look great 8)

I think they made a real "pigs ear" of the rest of the bodykit & rear spoiler though :pukeright: :pukeleft:

Boy that thing is on steroids! Just say NO. :twisted:

I'm not into the whole body kit thing, but each to their own. I much prefer unassuming/stealth power and performance.

Well thats the thing - so do I normally! In fact i'm really anti-bodykits generally...

But there is just something about that Max Power Corrado - can't put my finger on it!! :)

There you go Trippy, lots of comments in all directions!

Lads, look at Trippy's skyline in the avarat though! It's got a carbon bonnet, body kit and a daft git big hole in the front bumper where the number plate should go!

Am I making a connection here?

Yes it's ostentatious, obviously it is, but that's the whole appeal.

Each to his own! I love the OTT impact it has, the testiment to that is that there is lots of comments on here already! You would look at it more than another car because of the afore mentioned reasons, it just lacks some real power!

I'll get Paul to sell you his VR engine James, will come up to the cruise on Sat night in 3 VR's to Dumfries, should be good.

Wonder if anyone else on here wants to meet up there or anywhere from Newcastle to Carlisle?

Chris

@ G60Jet maybe its the late spec bonnet in the blue pic that your talking about :?

I remember that one alright, it was a bit different at the time, nearly a bit of history now!

Not my cup of tea, but you gotta admire that its still about

I'll get Paul to sell you his VR engine James, will come up to the cruise on Sat night in 3 VR's to Dumfries, should be good.

Wonder if anyone else on here wants to meet up there or anywhere from Newcastle to Carlisle?

Chris

Whats on in Dumfries :? , its not too far from Glasgow, 80 miles or so.

@ G60Jet maybe its the late spec bonnet in the blue pic that your talking about :?

I remember that one alright, it was a bit different at the time, nearly a bit of history now!

Not my cup of tea, but you gotta admire that its still about

yeah the max power car had an early bonnet at the time.

It looks better in the blue than the crap orange! defo a car to be noticed in for £1750!! its crazy cos the cost to build the car was ££££... atleast it didn't endup smashed up like other MP projects :lol:

I like the Turbo idea like Alex etc said too.. :)

a little bit too much batman styling for my tastes!

In some ways it reminds me of the lambo countash, just so OTT and in your face. alot of car for the money though, thats exactly what i paid for my G plater. As a show car or a bit of a toy it'd be great fun! i cant imagine there's many with that full kit on!

Chrishill,

You not fancy tagging along to the cruise in Dumfries on Sat? We'll be going to Trippy's for a while first for refreshments and to tinker with C's, He's in Carlisle but a nice part!

Chris

unfortuantly, myrter that i am, i'm working this weekend. Then there's the missus to attend to as she'll be feeling neglected :oops:

I've been down to team valley a few times after i saw a photo of your C and some others down there but i've never spotted you, tend not to stop long cos the big boys in their gti-r's scare me :cry:

chris - go on, admit it, you love it really - it would go well with your pimp suit :D :D :D :D :D That would be it, your ideal OTT car and OTT dress, that combination would definately get noticed. How about 2 pimp suits and we all travel in Jamies 80's throw bak (sorry Trip) - even better, arrange it for when theres a photo shoot at a cruise - you wouldn't bet against us getting in any subsequent articel, would you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: