Sign in to follow this  
StormchargedVR6

R32 to go

Also an interesting post on another forum where I was berating the RS3. I was talking about how I felt Audi were de-valuing the RS line with cars like this. Seems I was right...

The RS line of vehicles is just to signify the death of that generation/body style. We can expect a revamped A3/S3 line very soon.

They don't have any difference other than a small power upgrade and a boost to looks. This will be the method of the RS line going forward (at least that's what my Audi Germany rep told me when I asked him a few months ago).

The only exception is the A1, which they are bringing to the US for model year 2012, which will have an RS model available at start. It's going to be very different from the RS1 in the rest of the world... but that's all I know.

I know it's a post from some joe bloggs on the internet but.. not only does it basically confirm the RS line is now basically a branding exercise, but they're doing a fricking RS1 now too? Come on..... :|

If it helps them sell cars then they'll do it. They are in it to make money after all. If it meant annoying a some purists to make millions more every year then there is not really much to think about. I like the mechanicals but Ive never liked the A3 sportback or DSG so I know I wont have to think about it.

The RS3 uses a sophisticated launch-control system to race from 0-62mph in an incredible 4.6 seconds – making it just as fast as Audi’s V8-engined R8 supercar

Sounds like a few of the Turbo'd C's on here with TC fitted!!

or mine for less than half again. Its all about what people want. Some want a brand new car with full warrenty that is fast, safe, practical, 4wd, nice noise and fairly subtle. Im almost certain they will sell out. Audi just seem to make cars people will buy.

Just buy this at less than half the price http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2283130.htm :grin:

What a rip off! An 8-9K car with 10K slapped on top for the turbo kit. I don't think so! You never get back what you sink into the mods.

£13-14K tops for that car.

I'd rather buy a MK5 R32 for £16-£17 and do my own turbo setup :D

........ Its all about what people want. Some want a brand new car with full warrenty that is fast, safe, practical, 4wd, nice noise and fairly subtle. Im almost certain they will sell out. Audi just seem to make cars people will buy.

Exactly, I hardly think someone in the market for a brand new RS3 would consider a six year old turbo R32 :? ....... this is why I find the comparisons pointless.

Thats the way to go :lol: , or trying a Rotrex charger

Is that what you're planning for yours chap? Givning the turbos a break for a while! You'll be back. Once you go turbo........ :lol:

Thats the way to go :lol: , or trying a Rotrex charger

Is that what you're planning for yours chap? Givning the turbos a break for a while! You'll be back. Once you go turbo........ :lol:

Im long way off thinking about forced induction mate, rims , coilover & brakes first

So on the subject of the RS3... on the configurator, a set of CARPETS will set you back... wait for it..... £450.

And we thought Corrado ones were a bit on the steep side at £60 a set!

Audi have utterly lost the plot!

I know people like 5 doors but a car like that should really be made in 3 door, not a fan at all!

I was thinking the exact same thing...at least market it as a 3 door.... :shrug:

So on the subject of the RS3... on the configurator, a set of CARPETS will set you back... wait for it..... £450.

And we thought Corrado ones were a bit on the steep side at £60 a set!

Audi have utterly lost the plot!

Carpets, or Carpet mats? I assume the latter. Hence my "over-priced S line options...." comment in the petrol price thread mate!

VW's R line options aren't cheap either!

I'll be honest this my favourite motor at the moment. They are getting some impressive figures out of these things with a few relatively minor changes. When you see some of these vids they dont seem too expensive. The cars in the vids have a remap and turbo back exhaust.

I'd be interested in trying the S-tronic dual-clutch transmision... having driven a Audi A3 Sportback Quattro I'd like to see how they have adjusted the frankly TERRIBLE gear changes and throttle pick-up! It felt like AGES before the clutch would engage from a standing start... a good 0.5sec or something. Ruined the driving experience for me to be honest.

I'll be honest this my favourite motor at the moment. They are getting some impressive figures out of these things with a few relatively minor changes. When you see some of these vids they dont seem too expensive. The cars in the vids have a remap and turbo back exhaust.

List price for a TT RS is £45,000.... you can buy a few year old R8 for £53k!! I think I'd go for the R8!