Sign in to follow this  
richlyons

ebc green pads

is it worth getting some ebc greens? I need to replace all pads and discs and i was just wondering do they make a diffrence? Ive never driven anything with them.

I have got redstuff on the corrado and I kno that the brakes on the vr aint mint but these dont feel loads better. ill prolly be going for some black diamond discs and maybe pagid or mintex pads next time i rekon. or bigger brakes :p

I'd go for Red's. I've had 2 sets of Green that have seperated (friction material from backing plate)

Dont say that! i've just fitted some greens!!!

If you still have 256mm brakes i've got some greenstuff pads for sale going cheap cheap! They were sent to me in error. They also fit 280mm calipers but the friction material is a few mm thinner, so i guess they will last a bit less time.

Kunaal

I've tried all 3 colours of EBC (Green, red and yellow) and they're all schitt. If anyone says they're not, they just haven't ever tried a DECENT pad.

I'd rather use regular dealer pads than EBC junk.

Spend the extra and get Ferodo DS Performance, or Pagid Fast Road, or Pagid RS14, Pagid RS15, Mintex M1144, etc etc.... loads more money than EBC, but also loads better.

I've tried all 3 colours of EBC (Green, red and yellow) and they're all schitt. If anyone says they're not, they just haven't ever tried a DECENT pad.

I'd rather use regular dealer pads than EBC junk.

Spend the extra and get Ferodo DS Performance, or Pagid Fast Road, or Pagid RS14, Pagid RS15, Mintex M1144, etc etc.... loads more money than EBC, but also loads better.

Bingo, buy cheap, buy twice. learn by my mistake :?

I had brand new standard pagid pads on recently, bought from ecp. When i went to get the car re-mapped at DG, Dave said the pads were rubbish when hot and advised me to get redstuff's, i'm a tight git and bought greenstuff's but they seem loads better than the standard pagids hot or cold. More 'bite' and less dust on my dishes!

Dunno what planet Dave is on if he's recommending Reds, they are truly awful.

If you like the Greens, fair enough! I've never had any problems with standard pagids at any temperature on the road. I wouldn't use them on a track though. I'd use one of their sport pads.

i dont really have the money to go for some proper fast road/ track pads so am i just best off with some standard ones? I just thought about greens as they arnt much more than standard?

in a word yes!!! also can you get some pics of your bike carbs up, possibly a "how to" as im really interested in this mod!

A few other people have asked about a write up, so on is on its way :)

I'vehad reds in the past, and i've got yellows now. They're not completely rubbish.... if you really apply some pressure they stop really quite well. Trouble with the EBC pads is they are plagued by rubbish initial bite and low speed confidence.

same as some of the previous comment you are paying for a fancy colour not for a superior brake pad, mintex all the way from now on...

Ive had greenstuff in the past and they were good enough. Now running reds and they seem fine. As mic_vr says they don't give great confidence when just touching the brake pedal but give some pressure and they stop you pretty quick.