Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

how do i open my bonnet without catch in car?

can you access under the car and try and grab the cable where its attached to the front valance,a sharp pull on that normally release the catches? easier if you can access through the front grill nr where the horns are, gd luck.

You'll have to break something...probably the grill.

I had the same problem, but fortunately my grill is not screwed in at the top as it fits snug and the tabs were broken off.

I removed the grill and basically had to squeeze my hand through the sides of the radiator to get at the catches. If i remember rightly, if you can get a purchase on one of them, the other will unlock too - I'm sure the drivers side one is easier to get to as well as being the one that will unlock the other side if you get to it. Once you feel the catch (the bit where the cable runs through is fine), it should be pushed towards the drivers side. Will take a bit of force. Will be a lot easier if someone is gently pressing down on the bonnet and joogling it.

As i say, the worst part is getting the grill off. A hacksaw blade to the bottom part will take the tabs off and they can be superglued back at a later date. Hacksaw at the top should work too, not sure about the angles tho.

Good luck!

You'll have to break something...probably the grill.

I had the same problem, but fortunately my grill is not screwed in at the top as it fits snug and the tabs were broken off.

I removed the grill and basically had to squeeze my hand through the sides of the radiator to get at the catches. If i remember rightly, if you can get a purchase on one of them, the other will unlock too - I'm sure the drivers side one is easier to get to as well as being the one that will unlock the other side if you get to it. Once you feel the catch (the bit where the cable runs through is fine), it should be pushed towards the drivers side. Will take a bit of force. Will be a lot easier if someone is gently pressing down on the bonnet and joogling it.

As i say, the worst part is getting the grill off. A hacksaw blade to the bottom part will take the tabs off and they can be superglued back at a later date. Hacksaw at the top should work too, not sure about the angles tho.

Good luck!

all the tabs were knakard on mine anyway, i literally pulled it today and it fell off :lol: just hope intercooler dont make it any harder to get at but thanks for he help guys :grin:

Are all your locks flushed? How about getting in through the boot, been there done that! :roll:

typ locks are flushed and boot lock doesnt open from key, key fits in but nothing happens other that that :lol: