joebloggsVR69

Top Gear

Oooh I was going to remind everyone about this, it's been in my calendar for a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

I watched the Arctic challenge program on Dave yesterday, made me realise what complete arses Hammond and Clarkson are.

i head that tiff is going to be the new stig for next years episodes??

That would be amazing...we'll know if the new stig drives every car with the traction control off :lol:

Really enjoyed watching the challenge episodes as well, been a long while since I've seen them. Looking forward to the Christmas special.

I think Tuesdays episode was filmed in the good ol USA. Sounds like another road trip this time using 3 of the best cars out there today.

I've seen a clip where they do a drag race off the line in downtown Manhattan! :shock: Sure thats going to upset the locals!!!

Can't wait. Hope we don't get more moaning from people saying Top Gear isn't a car programme any more, staged setups, falling over, fires etc etc. Haha, to me its first class entertainment :notworthy:

Excellent, always up for new TG, this one's more in the north of America than last time. The boxing day one looks pretty epic too, driving in Iraq can't be all fun and games. :)

I've also been enjoying Top Gear USA a lot, its much better than the Australian and Russian (!) versions. They have Tanner Foust as a presenter, so its already got one up on the others and the guys actually seem to vibe well.

Aaaaaargh i hate Hammond soooooo much, all he ever drives is chuffing 911's, will he ever take he's blinkers off :censored:

was about to say please make clarkson step away from the mercedes, then hammond goes and stuffs it too... :roll:

Didnt really think it was that good TBH. Was good to Hammond running out of talent though. Out of the 3 Id probably have taken the RS. The SLS didnt wow me as much as I thought it would. I know where I want o go on holiday next year now. VIR!!

Didnt really think it was that good TBH. Was good to Hammond running out of talent though. Out of the 3 Id probably have taken the RS. The SLS didnt wow me as much as I thought it would. I know where I want o go on holiday next year now. VIR!!

I sort of enjoyed it. They've already done every good gag available on a road trip story but at least they've stopped trying so hard on this one.

Was interesting to see the three cars together. Before I watched it the GT3 would have been my third choice out of the three cars but the SLS seemed almost too powerful and tail happy, although I love the noise of that AMG engine the best. Better to acquire an original SL perhaps and have the real thing.

The Ferrari was, for me a bit of a disappointment. There's just too much of everything. Too many buttons, too many settings, too many computers. It's just trying too hard. Too Playstation...

Against that the simplicity, performance, and raw experience that the GT3 offers seems quite attractive, even without a sat-nav. As Hammond pointed out, it's also a helluva lot less money, which is an important point even at this price level.