Sign in to follow this  
big ben

Lotus Espirits - anyone with experience?

mine is running 100% though :p :lol:

i dont want to get rid, just in love with that damn lotus

Ah well you're clearly a proper enthusiast then mate! Someone who appreciates the car as a whole and isn't bothered by a sunroof that won't slide or a electric window switch that has a clip missing, or a rattly dashboard etc

For every problem, you see a solution and an excuse to upgrade etc :D

Cause let's face it, with a Lotus, you'll get all that and a whole lot more :lol:

I have the flu at present and my brain isnt working properly yet, Yes, lot of trouble, usually serious!

I have always loved the Esprit and would have one if I could afford to buy/run one.

Sure they have loads of problems as do any car that is hand built in a shed lol. But I don't think it would put me off. There are plenty of cars that are built badly and they will give u loads of trouble but it depends on the owner of the car previously and what they have done to it. There are people on this forum that wouldn't trust there car to do many miles and have expensive bill all the time and there are plenty of others that have no trouble. Lotus's are the same. Sure there are plenty of dogs out there but there are also pampered cars that have had money spent on them and the major trouble area's sorted and would make a reliable cars as long as they are treated right. I am sure the later cars were put together better than the ealier stuff anyway.

If I won the lottery a 350 sport would deff in the gararge

So I wish u well on your hunt to find a fine example.

(Ps don't blaime me with my advice if it blowes up after 10 miles lol)

if/when you come to sell the corrado tell me before you put it out for general sale, i was going to buy it when Marcus was selling it, but the missus talked me out of it, she's f****d off so could buy this and get a sensible daily.

very very intrested

karl

I wouldnt touch one with a bargepole. My brothers friend bought one and it was quite slow and kept breaking down. He spent a small fortune on it.

why not just save up some more money and get the new versions which are coming out soon they are so god damn hot and im sure they wont be that much more expensive lol

why not just save up some more money and get the new versions which are coming out soon they are so god damn hot and im sure they wont be that much more expensive lol

The new one is being aimed at the Ferrari 458 Italia, a little bit more than £15,000 i think...