Sign in to follow this  
C5 OEM

Winter mode

So who`s tucked there corrado up for winter then and when do people plan to tax and get them out again...??

Would be good to have a meet/show to attend at the start of april..? what about a corrado meet somewhere central..?

CCGB AGM @ Heritage Motor Museum Gaydon (off the M40) Sunday 3rd April.

Always early April so those that SORN them and re tax in April can give theirs a Spring blast.

See you there, meet early for AGM 1pm start :)

Tucked up at the end of November, back out again in June. Avoids the salty roads.

Must admit I'm almost 100% certain I wont be down to the AGM in the Storm. I remember snow on the M40 in 2009.

I plan to tax the car between April and September. Again to avoid the inclement weather and resultant road debris.

Alas not. As much as it pains me to use the Corrado's, part of me does just like "using" them regardless of the conditions. Neither of mine are ever going to be concours examples and I'd never want to spend the money on them that getting them to that kind of condition would need.. so might as well throw caution to the wind and just enjoy them :)

Winter mode Pah if my car was so lucky, shes enjoying her first stint in the garage this winter at the moment :D, the time i dont use it through all the seasons is the day i will let someone else have her. Hardcore raddo :D

Part of me does just like "using" them regardless of the conditions.

I concur Jim. I thorougly enjoyed using mine as a daily late in the summer. That's why I may yet buy a second :D

I can't afford to run two cars, still being young in the insurers eyes and i don't buy cars to lock away. She is being used throughout the winter on the same wheels it was on at the shows this year.

They will be refurbed in march/april time anyway. I managed to dig her out of the snow pit today for the 1st time in 5 days, on the main roads its ok, side roads are a bitch still. just had to dig it out on entering my mrs' road.

mines been tucked up since october 1st , in the garage where the big boiler keeps her warm :) will retax her when it warms up and all the salt , grit n rain have gone .

CCGB AGM @ Heritage Motor Museum Gaydon (off the M40) Sunday 3rd April.

Always early April so those that SORN them and re tax in April can give theirs a Spring blast.

See you there, meet early for AGM 1pm start :)

For mince pie sarnies :D

I've done 350 miles in mine on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. Was bimbling along the M4 at minus 8 last night, then the A34 in dense fog at minus 5. Not exactly mollycoddled! She's properly minging now, covered in salt/grime :(

That's what I say. The car is there to be driven, and driven hard.

But then I don't do concours :wink: and it shows at the shows

mine came out this year for its MOT and a trip to Gwerks.. it's been safely tucked away since may! :lol:

the daily 8v is performing its duties very well though

Mines been in the garage for a while now but am lucky to have 2 other cars. My car will only be used in summer until all work is carried out on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too cannot afford to run 2 cars, if i could it would probably be a different story. But i share the same sentiments as Jim, its there to be used so i use it regardless of the weather. As long as you give it a rinse down with the jetwash often enough you shouldnt have too much trouble.