Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Shall I refit the Storm badge?

Hi all

As a few will know that my car has been shaved and smoothed and I am wondering if I should refit the storm badge when its back from paint? It cost me a lot for a badge and it was something I always wanted on my Storm as it was missing on purchase.

Now, it might look odd being the only badge? Should it be refitted in original position without the rest of the badging?

My valve seats are hardened now :lol: it has sunk in that I have what I always wanted and soon to be proud of what I have achieved.

I know these are quite simple questions and just for those of you who are a bit boarded

Personally i would put all the badges back, corrado, vr6 and the storm badge. At the end of the day its a storm so show its a storm with the badge. I know what you mean though as you've filled in the holes for the corrado badge, the storm badge on its own might look a bit "lonely"

The one I bought was from Awesome, im just not sure if I should re fit the badges or not? What I will do is leave them off and run with it and see what I think.

MIne sits on top of the dvd rack above this PC.

It will remain there until I put the car up for sale.

Some of you may remember a badge going for about £120 on ebay - very attractive, easily lifted items for thiefs.

A few years ago, I spent hours experimenting at moulding copies, but any that I stuck on the car did not look good from close up, though from a distance they were OK.

Easy to mould them, but a pig to paint for a non-artist like me!

Anyone that cracks this job could make a small fortune, I reckon.

If you've gone for the smooth look I wouldn't bother. I assume you still have the Storm badge by the gear console to remind you of what you have.

A few years ago, I spent hours experimenting at moulding copies, but any that I stuck on the car did not look good from close up, though from a distance they were OK.

Easy to mould them, but a pig to paint for a non-artist like me!

Anyone that cracks this job could make a small fortune, I reckon.

this has been done... a few years ago I lent my badge out to be copied by Trimsport... the copies are fab & the only way to tell is when they are off the car. Awsome GTI also sell them.

Stick it on with a bit of blue tac, take a pic & see what you think... its your car dude!!

Don't badge it at all. You don't want some chunt damaging your new paint removing the storm badge to sell on ebay.

I don't like thinking that way, but it's the life we live in currently I'm afraid....

I agree with kev

Further, do you want to be viewed as a disappointed, ripped off poser with a self-esteem problem?

or

do you prefer to keep a low profile and know that your car, though not flaunting its "Storm" identity, is just what you and a few others know it is?

Sorry, when you are old like me you will understand. :lol: