Sign in to follow this  
ross.taylor

and these tyres??

Can you keep this all in the one thread please? Otherwise we end up with hundreds of threads all over the place.... :roll:

I'll lock the old thread and put a link to here in it... 8)

Fair point, sorry Henny.

Not dumb Jedi, I have Toyos on the front ATM and they are pretty much knackered. Need some new tyres for upcoming MOT. Can get some Federals much cheaper than Toyos (yes even on mytyres!). Was just after some impartial advice on whether they are any good, as I dont know them at all.

from when i looked around toyos were the best for the cheapest price to be honest.... dont go cutting cost on your tyres...it will always lead to a horrible crash!!!

Tyres are the last and most imortant link in the suspension chain and the only things stopping you sliding off the road....... skimp at your peril!

K

I always stick to quality manufacturers -

Michelin - excellent but expensive

Goodyear Eagle F1 - about the best I've used

Bridgestone - excellent

Continental - good

Pirelli - good, depending on tread pattern

IMO - Toyo's are too soft and although they offer good grip they wear out too quickly

F1s grip well but I find their sidewalls a bit squidgy for my liking... particularly on the OE sized GSD1s and 2s. GSD3s are reputed to have a stiffer side wall.

My all round favourite tyre at the moment is the Bridgstone RE720 Potenza. Good price, dual compound, rim protector, broad shoulders and a nice tread pattern. Grip comparable to the F1s but better than F1 in the dry thanks to it's stiff side walls.

K

Yokohama AVS Sport's ..... awesome in the dry, excellent wet weather grip and done over 3k on them and no real sign of wear yet! :)