imranp

wilwood calipers

I have a ser of 4 pots on my 16v 93, does anyone know where the part number is on the caliper as I cant seem to find it on there all I could find was a number that read 17c but I have been told its a a number startin with 12......

any help would be appreciated I need new discs and 310mm pads but I cant get them until I have the part number

these brakes are becoming a mare wt gud is stopping power if you cant change them thanks for your reply. I will keep trying and c what comes of it

hi

I spoke to rally design. it was them who told me that I needed the part number 12. in anyevent I have emailed tech support at wilwood and I am waiting for a response. thanks guys for your posts.

I'm havin similar problem iv got a set to try and fit to my vr6, when I spoke to rally design they said that the brackets out of there kit bk17g will fit but they say I need to use there discs which are a small fortune.

The ones I have have a serial number stamped on them on the inner face.

the guy I spoke to at rally design said I had a mk 1/mk2 set ref 17c he said that for 310mm discs it was 79 for one and 55 for pds any one know if you can get them cheaper anywhere else.

Rally design are pretty good with thier prices, might be hard to beat them. The wilwood bolted discs are quite good with hard braking/track use. Ap/Alcon equivilent discs are around £225 each ex VAT. And wilwoods own pad selection is more than plenty, and cheaper than ds2500's

so I folded and got discs and pads from rally design for a small fortune. tried to fit them realised there are two bolts on the caliper 16mm & 19mm I think sitting too close together. anyone know what socket i.e. thin walls size I should use as car is being put up for sale on sunday.