Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

I have read this thread all the way through why? First because I had seen Jake's write up in the sprinter and from that realised this wasn't the usual he had been through the mill with this car after doing a deal with his previous car which he had no issue's with to get this car which was soon to come back and bite him on the butt big time.But like a good guy Jake take's it on the chin and improve's what was there before to a very good standard as well as other upgrade's/work done good on you mate.It is a shame that you may be doing for one of the "hawk's" Anyway the whole idea of this post was to help Jake/potential buyer's with a bit of info to try and help both party's .Very Very good luck with the sale mate.:salute: (It is too cheap even without MOT)

Edited by clumpy1

Thanks for the kind words mate :)

As I said in the forsale thread it's not a decision I've taken lightl and put many hours of through into it. Will be sad to see her go after going through so many ups and downs but she all ways came through. Got a 2 wheeled itch I've been resisting for a very long time I need to scratch and its not fair to keep a car like this locked up in a garage when some one could be enjoying her and using her for what she was ment to do.

I won't be going any where as this is a great forum so ill still be around enjoying the banter and helping some new people with what little knowledge I have. And like every one I'm sure ill be back behind a wheel of a Corrado before Long :)

That's good mate any help with the transition is alway's good if i was in the market for one i would be pounding down your door but anyway scratch that itch mate look at micvr sold his but ended up buying it back. The point of my post was to let people know it was you who had got it back to the sellable stage genuinely GLWS Do not take any offer's .

I have read this thread all the way through why? First because I had seen Jake's write up in the sprinter and from that realised this wasn't the usual he had been through the mill with this car after doing a deal with his previous car which he had no issue's with to get this car which was soon to come back and bite him on the butt big time. (sad thing about this is it happen's quite alot but due to the nature of buying older car's and the over easy nature of the buyer's generally go's unreported which is not right)So because of the unscrupulous nature of some people/seller's the like's of Jake a good guy who want's to try and keep a classic on the road get stung.But like a good guy Jake take's it on the chin and improve's what was there before to a very good standard as well as other upgrade's/work done good on you mate.It is a shame that you may be doing for one of the "hawk's" Anyway the whole idea of this post was to help Jake/potential buyer's with a bit of info to try and help both party's .Very Very good luck with the sale mate.:salute: (It is too cheap even without MOT)

I'm not going to read into your comments too much but when me and Jake did the deal the VR run fine.

It was well documented in my thread at the time that the car caused me no end of grief but only when it was running right and had been for some time did I offer it up for Px as I still wanted a Rado but quite frankly didnt want the headache that I then associated with VR ownership (my valver was trouble free for 2 years).

Even with the engine problems, I don't believe it actually let Jake down at any point (though I may be wrong) but upon diagnostic from DG he decided to go the full hog and get a 24v conversion. For a third of the cost he could've dropped in an OBD2 12v lump from a Mk3 which is what I'd have done had I known the engine was on its last legs which btw it certainly didnt feel like. In fact it pulled better then most other VR's I had driven!!

Either way, its been looked after by the last two owners and has had a fair wack spent on it by both of us! Had it still been a 12v I'd buy it back as I've been looking for a well looked after DBP example for over a year.

Glws Jake.

Edited by Abdul

Guys there's no point arguing over the past as nothing can be done about it now.

The point is the car is in the best condition mechanically it has been in for a long time (that's not a dig at any of the previously owners just what I believe) and that she only need a bit of paint work to make her even better.

Some one will be getting one hell of a car and only really needs fine tuning to make her perfect. I just hope it goes to some one can use it for what it was designed for and that's to be driven.

Ill be sad to see her go but as I said its just time to let her go and be enjoyed by some one else.

Guys there's no point arguing over the past as nothing can be done about it now.

The point is the car is in the best condition mechanically it has been in for a long time (that's not a dig at any of the previously owners just what I believe) and that she only need a bit of paint work to make her even better.

Some one will be getting one hell of a car and only really needs fine tuning to make her perfect. I just hope it goes to some one can use it for what it was designed for and that's to be driven.

Ill be sad to see her go but as I said its just time to let her go and be enjoyed by some one else.

I agree mate, it's tip top, blow over the front end and you've got a stunning rado!

Have you had much interest yet? I can't help but think MOT & Tax would really help get it shifted even at a slightly higher price to reflect your expenses.

Long overdue update!!!!

Corrado had an MOT today and passed straight through! not bad for a car thats hardly moved in 2 years!!!

Started her up and she fired away first time and sounded amazing! Drove like an absolute dream to the test station and back again.

Will miss the sound from the engine tremendously but unfortunately she needs to go as I cant justify having two toys and also she is the most expensive of the two to run.

So she is now up for sale on ebay as well as this forum. will be a bargain for any one who buys it.

Oh and this is my new toy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78623[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78622[/ATTACH]

Sorry to hear that Jake. Maybe time to start the listings below the 3K mark and see if it tempts some people into bidding, and eventually bidding over?

Amazed this hasn't sold, maybe people are looking for an original engine these days rather than something with a conversion.

Hope you get a buyer mate.

Well its back on ebay and I've reduced the price on here absolute bargain now

Well no sale yet again :(

Have I got the asking price right £3000?

Why don't you just put it back on the road and use it?

Its been for sale for so long maybe that's what putting people off?

If it was mine I'd sell the wheels and interior and retro fit speedos and cloth, standard grill, rear lights and ditch the tinted number plates and relist as a wolf in sheeps clothing etc

No offence meant:)

Well she is taxed and blow out the cobwebs with a trip to bristol and didn't skip a beat even whilst showing up a done up clio who tried it on

Well she is taxed and blow out the cobwebs with a trip to bristol and didn't skip a beat even whilst showing up a done up clio who tried it on

Excellent mate hope you get a buyer soon ;) Or I'll end up buying it :bonk:

Love driving around in the corrado again used it all weekend and briefly this afternoon. So nice to drive something with power and an amazing sound track.

Just need to remember I can't floor it in 1st gear as it spins the wheels even on bone dry roads. Even spins in second unlike my boring old diesel Rover!

Will be a real shame when it goes but I can't justify keeping it.

Can I tempt any forum members by saying if it sells to a member on here I will include all the spare parts I can find in my garage for free?

Haha. Off the top if my head! Uncut black parcel shelf in good condition, drivers door glass, tinted headlight protectors, black cloth rear seats and a Bentley manual

Took the rado down to weston for the weekend and was great fun to drive. Despite being stuck in friday afternoon traffic around bristol.

Haven't really had much interest other than really low offers :( is £3000 a resonance price for the car or am I being optimistic?

Not seen it in the metal, but from what I've read in your ad, I'd say it's priced very reasonably. Have you had anyone come to view the car?

Took the rado down to weston for the weekend and was great fun to drive. Despite being stuck in friday afternoon traffic around bristol.

Haven't really had much interest other than really low offers :( is £3000 a resonance price for the car or am I being optimistic?

I don't think you are being unreasonable in the price you are asking however as has been mentioned before you could do a more detailed advert regarding what has been done,cost and photo's of Invoice's.One thing that may be making people a little wary is the fact it's a conversion as there have been a couple of bad stories regarding them and maybe people are offering low to cover themselve's if anything need's sorting. I'm not saying that is the case with your car though people on here regard DG Auto pretty highly from what I have seen. Stick to your gun's :)

I agree £3k is a fair price for such a fabulous car. Took it for a spin this week and the power delivery was awesome. As I said I think you are underselling the quality of the bodywork it's much better in the flesh than you described in the advert (IMO). It was a close call whether to buy it this week but the Green Storm pulled me away afraid. £3k all day and less would be a crime.