Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

I agree £3k is a fair price for such a fabulous car. Took it for a spin this week and the power delivery was awesome. As I said I think you are underselling the quality of the bodywork it's much better in the flesh than you described in the advert (IMO). It was a close call whether to buy it this week but the Green Storm pulled me away afraid. £3k all day and less would be a crime.

^^^^^ Well said that man^^^^^

I agree £3k is a fair price for such a fabulous car. Took it for a spin this week and the power delivery was awesome. As I said I think you are underselling the quality of the bodywork it's much better in the flesh than you described in the advert (IMO). It was a close call whether to buy it this week but the Green Storm pulled me away afraid. £3k all day and less would be a crime.

Thanks for the kind words Liam much appreciated and as I said I can't blame you for going for that storm.

got some one else coming to view it today, they're a forum member too :) one of the old guards joining the dark side maybe!!!! Fingers crossed

Edited by Swompy

Thanks for the kind words Liam much appreciated and as I said I can't blame you for going for that storm.

got some one else coming to view it today, they're a forum member too :) one of the old guards joining the dark side maybe!!!! Fingers crossed

Nowt wrong with the darkside mate Good luck :thumbleft:

Well it's the end of an era :( she has now gone to a new home. Real mixed emotions watching it drive off up the road. Put blood sweat and tears into that car and sleepiness nights. But at the end it turned into a real beast of a car.

Very sad to see it go but i know it's going to be looked after. Gone to a Friend? Of Mimjed. Some of you may remember him and his red G60. I'm sure he new owner will be on here soon.

I know I'll regret this a few years down the line but it's just that time at the moment.

Who knows maybe in a few years I'll get another!!!!!!!!

That's a weight off mate well done like you say just happen's to be that time unfortunate but you have to do it sometime's

I hope you are sticking around on here

I know. Defo a weight lifted. I won't be going any where I'll still be in here. Best forum I've ever been apart of.

Will have a few bits up for sale soon

I know. Defo a weight lifted. I won't be going any where I'll still be in here. Best forum I've ever been apart of.

Will have a few bits up for sale soon

Glad to hear its sold, you can buy another one some day. Perhaps Ian will be selling his soon and we can form the South West ex Corrado owners club!

Glad to hear its sold, you can buy another one some day. Perhaps Ian will be selling his soon and we can form the South West ex Corrado owners club!

Not a chance after the money spent on it recently! - Have just updated my members thread.

Ian.

Yes, she is in the ownership of my friend for the summer while we iron out a few small problems. Then she will be mine at the end of the year.

Going to upgrade the brakes and set up the engine to resolve hesitation and prob squeeze some more ponies out of her. Poly bush the front as wishbone bush is past it's best. Then it's just tidying the old girl up.

Thoroughly enjoyable drive home and nice to be back in a money pit, I mean corrado :)

Plans sound good mate hope you enjoy!

I done some research into a better re-map and the best one I found that would provide the best power was one by Custom code. Might be worth looking into ;)

Looking forward to he updates :)

Not sure who will get the pleasure of live mapping yet, we have a fair amount of choice in the Midlands. Going for a health check on the rollers at dyno daze before it gets any tweaks.

Yes, she is in the ownership of my friend for the summer while we iron out a few small problems. Then she will be mine at the end of the year.

Going to upgrade the brakes and set up the engine to resolve hesitation and prob squeeze some more ponies out of her. Poly bush the front as wishbone bush is past it's best. Then it's just tidying the old girl up.

Thoroughly enjoyable drive home and nice to be back in a money pit, I mean corrado :)

You're very fortunate Mimjed. If i had the money (and space) i would have had this car ages ago. One of my favourites.

Thank you. My mates dad has offered him his nearly new civic for basically nothing the next time new number plates come out, so he bought the car I wanted, and in turn I'll buy it from him.

Haha space is a predicament at the moment. My house is up for sale and I'm trying to buy a house where I can build a unit at the bottom of the garden, but finding one with good access is proving difficult.

If anyone can help with the shopping list then please do get in touch. Require front black leather door cards, 288mm set up for the front, 232mm set up for the rear, possibly front upper strut brace (not desperate, but will take one if there's one going).....

Looks like you're taking the old girl down the road I wanted to. Get a build thread started!!!!

My keys feel empty now the corrado key isn't on there any more!

Now the corrado has gone I had a bit of cash to spend on a better daily. I ended up getting a Golf mk4 GT TDI pd130 at a very reasonable price. Fully kitted out too cloth Recaro interior, air con, electric windows sunroof, 6 speed box and the list goes on. Sad thing is I was more excited about the cup holders!!!

Obviously it's no corrado but its got more than enough power to keep me happy (when I'm not on the bike) and getting 55mpg+ at the same time I can't complain. Best I've had so far is 74 mpg

small update on whats been going on....

faultless drive home with lots of smiles :cheers:

but as with all corrado's they seem to like being off the road. wiper motor gave up during heavy down pours. fitted a new motor from a mk3 golf, all good again. sorted out a few bits and bobs in the engine bay. changed wishbones and fitted r32 bushes. as most will know had to remove the sump for changing drivers side wishbone.....

sadly the sump is full of metal (fine parts and large shavings), seems to stem from the gear on the inlet cam. the cost of the rebuild far out weighs the cost of another lump so sadly the 24v will be coming out soon enough. bad times.

on the plus side it gives a chance to sort some of the rough parts on the conversion so not all bad.

have fitted 288's from a mk2 fabia vrs (legend Jake for picking up and posting to me) and braided hoses, brakes are very ropey still though. suspect master cylinder partly to blame and that the ABS pump is not working as ABS not wired in, so making matters worse. will be fitting a 23mm stubby master cylinder and removing all traces of ABS next week.

not sure whether to sack off the original rear bias valve and put on the AP racing ones yet though, don't know if anyone has any experience of these??

have also spaced wheels and sorted alignment and camber out.

will be sorting out sills (bit crusty) and under sealing shortly ready for the winter. spray the front end when it warms up again next year.

Still trying to sort throttle response out and lambda's as they do nothing currently (seems to be down to the wiring).

so mixed emotions as normal with a corrado!! will get round to a proper thread at some point.

It seem's to be cursed this car when jake got it the engine was soon on the way out similar to what you are going through. Good luck with it buddy good to see you are sticking with it.

WTF - that car can't have done more than 5,000 miles since the engine was put in! Like you say James, clearly the thing is bloody cursed!!

I guess with all the wiring, etc done for the 24v conversion, it can't be 'much' more effort to replace that with an R32 lump now?

Oh **** :( can't belive that at all could hardly have done 1000 miles with the new engine and when she was off the road started her up once a month and ran up to running temp!

To say I'm gutted to hear this is an understatement. Really sorry mate :(

Don't think anyone think's you were aware of any issue's Jake you went through the mill with it yourself ;)