Sign in to follow this  
Pat_McCrotch

Will I be ripped off if I buy a radio from Halfords?

Decided I can't live with a tape deck i'm after a radio that I can just connect my iPod to and play radio stations (if such a thing exists)

I'm off work tomorrow so would be good to get it sorted then. Can you normally knock them down? :lol:

they normally have some goood deals on mate so am sure you'll get something sorted :)

bought one of the exclusive-to-them philips DAB headunits the other day, havent fitted it yet but seemed to have reasonable reviews. never play cds anywhere anymore but DAB (reception in london should be good) plus some kind of line-in will hopefully be perfect, not too pricey either.

You will most likely find better deals online though unless they have a special offer on or something...

I have had a few good deals from http://www.carstereodeals.co.uk/ when they used to be hendon car stereo.

If you want to listen to 6 music or other digital only stations then dab is worth getting but if you just want FM stations your better off with a non dab radio as even a perfect dab signal tends to sound a little compressed compared to a decent FM signal.

I got a Sony headunit a few years back from Halfords and thought price was good.

Not sure if anyone else had found this but I pulled the iPod connector from the rear of the unit down the back off the dash, through a hole with a rubber gromit (already there) into the little cubby hole below the heater controls.......absolutley perfect place to sit the iPod and connect !!

It was like it was made for it as when the iPod is not connected the wire just pushes back up a little almost out of sight......does everyone else have this rubber gromitted hole there :scratch: ??

Had a suspicion that it was so perfect it might have been done by someone before me.....cool, learn a new thing everyday :)

Yeah that hole was for gauge wiring but it's not cut out on all cars...

The hole is standard on late centre consoles but the early ones dont have it.