Sign in to follow this  
dkingvr6

Door strips/rubbers stick back on?

Hello all, couple of questions

1) should i put the door strips back on?

2) if so anyone used a succesfull double sided tape, that actually does stick them on?

Cheers

ive not taken mine off but 3m do a good tape,or try unipart they sell it also.just warm the tape up a little 1st before you use it

depends on how you want the car to look. the lines look cleaner without strips , as for stickin em back on would double sided tape make them stick out to far ?. what i mean is its fairly thick so the strips would not sit as close as they did from the factory . mabe some type of rubber glue ?.

I bought some of this stuff

brilliant, not actually used it for corrado door trims yet but for the VW badge on the back of my golf and a load of other uses, very strong and miles of it!

I got some and did what the crap halfords stuff couldn't.

Well just dont want to hit the door on anything, as careful as i am, and also gives some protection against idiots and their doors opening onto my car, will mock it up and see how it looks, will get some 3m tape, always comes in handy

doesn't offer any protection against dings tbh, they sit too low. Looks a lot cleaner without the rubbing strips.

I think they suit some colours better than others. Like red for example:

IMG_2682_800.jpg

This stuff was recommended to me:

3m Acrylic Plus Tape

3M part numbers:

80323 25mm x 20M

80322 19mm x 20M

80321 16mm x 20M

80320 12mm x 20M

80319 9mm x 20M

80318 6mm x 20M

Seen a Bentley near me with magnetic strips down the sides that the owner gets out his boot when parks it up! Last two Corrados ive had have had the strips on this one hasnt but i have got the strips, might give it a go

Well just dont want to hit the door on anything, as careful as i am, and also gives some protection against idiots and their doors opening onto my car, will mock it up and see how it looks, will get some 3m tape, always comes in handy

if its your daily then fair play mate you need all the protection you can get , i took mine off when i had the respray , so now have no intention of parking in tesco carpark :lol: or any other carpark for that matter .

Thats the problem, carparks! I once sat there in one of my old corrados, waiting for the wife, old dear parked next to me, then repeatedly banged her door into my car about 8 times before i had the chance to open my window and say what the hell you doing! Normal answer smile or shrug, drives me nuts! Luckily the door strip was there that time, ive just spent the last 6 months getting this one into very nice order, and is now my daily drive so want to keep it that way

The passenger rub strip was missing on mine when I got it, but the driver's side was on.

The driver's door was near-perfect along the swage line, with only a few dents, visible at certain angles.

The passenger side is so bad that from 2 metres away, it looks like someone has put a big scratch along the length of the swage line as all the dents merge into one.

I stuck the missing rub strip down with some double sided adhesive waterproof foam tape from the local motor factors. Make sure you clean and degrease the door where it is going to be stuck on and also clean and degrease the back of the rub strip. Also, these tapes usually take 24 hours to set properly before they are truly waterproof - don't get them wet before then.