Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Corrado Replacement?

Hello People!!!

Sorry its been such a long time - in the process of setting up my own business and its very time consuming!!

Anyway was thinking of a replacement for a Corrado (not that I'd sell mine) and thought about the Nissan 350Z....

Whats peoples views on them?

Cheers

Scott

i quite like the chrysler crossfire........shame its got a relatively feeble engine tho hear there's a turbo or supercharged version coming soon too

The crossfire might look funky, but it got panned by the motoring press...

Better off with a MK5 Golf from what I gather!!

Personally I wish VW would come up with a worthy successor to the Corrado, I mean look at the likes of Vauxhall with the VX220, Nissan with the 350Z, Mazda with the RX8 etc. So come on VW pull your thumbs out of your arses and give us something to whet our appetites, not that Herr Pischetsrieder will be reading this! :roll: :mrgreen:

tbh.......i would rather that VW didn't build a Corrado MK2......it makes our ones even more special the fact that VW didnt replace them......i'm all for VW making a coupe(affordable of course :wink: ) but as long as the Corrado name isnt used :wink:

Agree totally mate. I mean they have the roadster idea floating around (or is that stillborn, I don't know)? But as far as a fixed head coupe goes it would be nice to see what they could come up with today (as long as it's not called C Mk II). I mean here we are with the Mk V Golf whereas our C's are based on the Mk II (not that that's a bad thing, far from it). It's just that it's been 9 years since the Corrado's demise and it really is time they came up with a new coupe, or are they just being cautious, because they had their fingers burned with the C? :roll: :?

I hope they dont find a replacement anytime soon too-it just wont have the evil stance of the real raddo itl be all girly and haidresser like (no offense to any females in the group and hairdressers ((my mums of each both))) And Nodoubt itl be user friendly-whats the world coming too-who the hell wants that.

Cheers Fraser

The crossfire might look funky, but it got panned by the motoring press...

Better off with a MK5 Golf from what I gather!!

.......hehehehehe........delivered a hire car to out in the sticks yesterday and had a nice wee squinty at a Crossfire that was parked up.....very very nice looking but could do with a bit of lowering............as for the motoring press the mags ive seen have just panned it for being underpowered

i though that the Crossfire was panned for being underpowered and having a squirmy chassis?? not what you want when changing from the corrado as the chassis is so good on it!

go for the Nissan 350Z, the Z cars have got a great rep and it looks absoloutly fantastic in my opinion, will leave a lot of things standing even as standard as well, mod it a bit and you will be a force to be reckoned with! 8)