yacobwood

8v for sale in the future

I'm on the hunt for a 16v and just a little curious how my 8v would fair in the market place. Do'nt really know if anybody is after 8v's. Its 135k miles but never skips a beat. Grey cloth (no scuffs).

What you all think? :scratch:

They normally sell pretty well :) Fairly desirable given the good fuel economy and reliable engine.. and generally they've not been thrashed / abused as much!

Admittedly, the 8v is an amazing run about. Cheap, economical and no problems. But ive had it for two years now and i want to experience other types of C's

I might be interested dude as someone trashed my 16v at the weekend. Got any pics? Where you at? etc. . . .

Admittedly, the 8v is an amazing run about. Cheap, economical and no problems. But ive had it for two years now and i want to experience other types of C's

In that case, try and find a nice G60 or VR6 :) Seriously, you'll regret getting rid of your 8v (especially if it's a decent one) for a 16v!

The 16v head flows better, and opens up the engine in the top end. It all depends on your driving style. The 8v should be more torquey in the midrange.

By bro has a mint 16v and every time i drive it, i love it :D I just want to build up and have experience in all Corrado's. I would love a VR or a G60 but im 22 and have a fair few years left to see them all :)

Im currently working on the advert and will take some pics. It wont be till late feb at the earliest until i think about selling it tho. I need to raise funds for a cheap in between car or if im lucky, the right 16v will come along straight away :)

The 16v head flows better, and opens up the engine in the top end. It all depends on your driving style. The 8v should be more torquey in the midrange.

:lol:

An 8v never produces more torque than a 16v. :lol:

:lol:

An 8v never produces more torque than a 16v. :lol:

yep, they are basically on a par under 4000 revs,

but don't forget 8v's don't have the same running problems as most 2L 16v's :lol:

I've a fairly quick (relatively new engined) 16v and the old bog standard (16yr old engine) 8V is very nice to drive in comparison, don't forget the block is basically identical so it's only really top end (affected by head flow and cam profile) that is different. There isn't much between K-jet and Digifant, but the 2.0L 8v flavour of Digifant does seem to help economy and smoothness a little.

If you want want make a reference to 8V v 16V, then please make it 1.8 8V K Jet versus 1.8 16V K jet!! The Digifant 8Vs are feckin horrible. Gutless, rough and noisy.

If you want want make a reference to 8V v 16V, then please make it 1.8 8V K Jet versus 1.8 16V K jet!! The Digifant 8Vs are feckin horrible. Gutless, rough and noisy.

:shock: :shock: really?! i fond mine very smooth and im always impressed with the performance.. I reckon you've had life too good with the VRT to appriciate an everyday car now Kev :p