Alex_G60_Fanatic

how much from breaking a Corrado~?

How much could i hope to get from breaking the corrado I have? (91 G60, 160k miles)

The interior is super condition, the engine is fine but the body has seen better days (door panels ect)

It's just seeing how much i paid for her and what cars are currently selling for I COULD have a REALY nice C for half what I'm spending on her!

Also, what other problems do you get when braking? What kind of time scale would i be looking at with todays current financial climate? any info would be welcome!

it takes time but have a look through the breaking threads and you will get a rough idea what you will make . matt and i had no choice to break the valver . obviously black interior is more desirable not that theres anything wrong with grey . it takes a fair few hours to strip them down and then theres the storing of bits . everyone wants to make a bit on the stuff they are flogging but try to make prices reasonable . remember pnp as well you can get caught out with that and the size even if its light , like the lower grill or something of that size , will not go through normal post van routine . as for time scale :shrug: when ever someone breaks a car the thread seems to fill up pretty quick . above all try to stay on top of it ,if you have a mrs , see if she can send the parts out ,it gets a bit hectic when you are doing a job through the day and then rapping the stuff at night then going to the post office . regards rob

I did it once a few years ago, never again! Its a right ballache - personally I'd rather sell the car for a bargain price than have to go through the hassle of breaking/storing/selling/sending etc etc, its really not an easy option.

cough - break - cough

As much as I love these cars if its going to take the same amount of money to get yours in good shape as you would spend buying a decent one Id be breaking it unless the car had sentimental value to you. If you have a garage to do it in then all the better.

I broke my 1992 G60 because it got wrote off. I decided to break it as the insurance company bummed me with the pay out. I got £1800 from them and they wanted £500 to buy it back from them. I'd been rear ended :camp: and shunted in to a mini infront so repairing it was out of the question really. The car was near mint with 80k on it, i'd paid £3000 for it only 12 months earlier. The only way to make up the cash was to break it. I stored it at work telling the boss it would only be a month, it took me 12 months! I started, then sort of lost the will to live! If your going to do it, you need to really get stuck in and not let the task get on top of you. As said before, the wrapping and posting is a big job in itself- you'll be on 1st name terms with your local post office! Don't ask silly money for things as there are loads of people breaking corrado's who will jump in and sell for less if your asking too much ( I probably let stuff go too cheap TBH ie, mint leather interior for £350 :shock: (didn't do my research!!). Also do your research for postage costs for larger items before you give someone a price as it's often more than you think. I used parels2go which i never had a problem with but some on here have had stuff lost with them. I used Parcel force to start off with and they lost a full ABS system for me so I'd say avoid them. I have made around £2000 up to now and still have body panels, doors, bonnet, glass left, (Just incase I have another prang in my new C) as well as interior bits and bobs which I still hawk around every now and again. So £ wise i'm at £3300, a profit of £300 from what I paid for the car and i've got loads of spares for my new C just in case! So all in all its worth doing but is hard work and time consuming- would I do it again? ... yes but only if I really had to!

depends what your hoping to get from it and where you can do it?

if you were buying one cheap to do it then its defo worth it, but if you looking for a decent figure at the end then it will take time and storage. it took me and my mate Rob to two days to completly strip the car the only thing left on the shell was the rear axle and n/s wing. but i had a two post ramp, fork lift and a brand new tool box full of tools. never doing it before it was good to do it. if i was to do it again in the same sitution i reacon i could the most of the car done within a day.

i got my money back (£450), a small bit of profit and plenty of spares. but i didnt really ask a lot for the parts though.

Thanks guys, thats alot to think about!

The car is sorn just now but it's on a drive way and kind of exposed. I just get very depressed watching her rust especially when the price for working ones are so low at the moment. Maybe i could get two..... :lol:

Are there alot of Rado's being broken at the minute?

I'll be breaking mine shortly, once a new daily is sorted, and im worried that with the number up for breaking im going to be left with a garage full of rado parts.