DEL VR6

ABS Light stuck on... What are the possible causes?

Well, the car is well and truly back on the road after the misfiring was fixed (New Plugs were all that was needed - but it now has a new coil pack and leads thanks to lazy / sloppy / mis-diagnosis by Lion Garage of Hinckley).

Anyway... the ABS light is stuck on.

We have cleaned all the ABS sensors on each wheel but it just stays on.

What could be the possible causes of this, so i know which eay to go about trying to rectify it properly?

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully a faulty sensor. I think you will need Vagcom to tell you which one though.

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

check the resistance across them at the turrets and for the rears under the rear seats, if you dont have VAGCOM.

As it hasn't been driven for so long, first thing I would do is go out and repeatedly lock the brakes (or try to at least) to circulate all the cruddy brake fluid round the system, then drain and replace with some fresh stuff. Dot 5.1 is nice, but not essential.

It could just be a sticky valve in the ABS pump as it's been sat for a while, which a good bit of heavy pedal action might free off. Otherwise it will be 1 or more sensors as the guys said, which is the most common ABS fault by far. Defo need VAG-COM because it will tell you if it's the sensor/s, pedal position sensor or a faulty ABS pump.