unitfight

G60, red coolant light flashing??

For some reason, the red coolant light on my dash has started flashing and im a bit stuck??

which sensor on the engine would controll this?

for some reason, it came on after i fitted a new ecu chip, could this be related?

prob be the bottle itself, mine did this a while ago. was worried i was losing coolant. but it was just the sensor in the bottle. new bottle from VW was about £12.

Just had the exact same problem. Are you losing water? If not i bet its the sensor, have a look inside the expansion tank, can you see the two wires going into the coolant? I couldnt see mine as they were so covered in poo so took the expansion tank out, got it as clean as i could with tap water, degreaser etc then put it in the dishwasher (but not the cap......) at 65 degree cycle, all crap gone, end of problem. If you are not losing water, odds on its the (crappy) sensor.....BTW, VW told me it was new radiator time €€€€€€€€......

i have a different expansion tank with no sensor. im not overly sure where the sensor is to be honest?

has been fine for the last 2 years as it is

The plug for the original tank will be bridged then and you must have knocked it fitting the chip - should be around the same area.

I would find it and also fit an original tank back on - very cheap from VW for a new one.

cant find an electrical connector anywhere!! im thinking maybe it was cut out of the loom, spliced together then taped up or something!

out with the dash bulb it is then!!!