harryc

Mk4 rear calliper and hand brake line install

Nice details for anyone planning on the conversion.

honestly about 2yrs ago, i've done a whole thread with part numbers and pics of the conversion, same for fronts, same for the door card removal (also being asked atm)

thought they might of been stickied etc

this is a pretty interesting thread. I need to replace my rear calipers, they are looking pretty crusty and have a MOT due.. :( was currently looking for a set of standard rado ones but this is starting to sound like a better option! How difficult of a job is it? I'm still pretty new to the rado world but have replaced brakes of many other cars (incl MK1 golf). Off to look for the other thread talked about above now :)

this is a pretty interesting thread. I need to replace my rear calipers, they are looking pretty crusty and have a MOT due.. :( was currently looking for a set of standard rado ones but this is starting to sound like a better option! How difficult of a job is it? I'm still pretty new to the rado world but have replaced brakes of many other cars (incl MK1 golf). Off to look for the other thread talked about above now :)

I did the conversion over the weekend, took me about an hour and i've never done rear brakes before so it really is a simple job.

matt have you the reference for the goodridge hoses you used or name etc thanks shaun

Sorted for you buddy.

matt have you the reference for the goodridge hoses you used or name etc thanks shaun

Its the Mk2-Mk4 conversion set,part no. SVWO5O6-2P

loads on e-bay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-GTi-Mk2-Mk4-Conv-Goodridge-Braided-Brake-Hoses-/250890702210?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6a404d82

beaten to it

Edited by dragon green

I have thread with all the part numbers - Mk4 callipers aren't that expensive new from VAG for peace of mind - otherwise get a rebuild kit to refresh secondhand ones - the weak point will be the slider pins and boots. You use banjo cables (available from loads of places), standard carriers, standard handbrake cables and standard rear pads. Make sure the brake bias valbe is open when you bleed, and don't connect the handbrake cables until you are finished.

Also invest in a calliper rewind tool - otherwise you'll feck up the piston.