mr lobitos

in the 24v club ( gone but not forgotten)

this is all quicky's fault for saying it was a bargain,that got me looking at the post,then realised that it was just down coast which made it even better,read all of ziderapples build threads ,realised what had gone into this car and even though i wasn't in the market for another c ,couldn't pass on this one (certify me now). so spoke to john on tuesday morning ,top bloke that reassured me i was doing right thing and arranged for one of my trusted fitters to collect today (he said it doesn't feel as fast as my current vr,have to wait till tomorrow to see if he's on the wind up),so as i post i have two c's ,need to sell mental(m966 tal) asap then explain to missus that the weather in wales has turned my c from blue to green,a few pairs of shoes should do it ,wish me luck. thanks again to john and hopefully will see you at some shows,cheers

Edited by mr lobitos

Nice work mate, but I take no responsibilty in causing you to go ahead with the sale. Although from what I could tell it did look like a very good deal. I hope you enjoy it and the missus doesnt cotton on to the magical colour change ;-)

Get some pic's and details up asap. Plus a link to ziderapples build thread so we can see whats been done.

Welcome to the club!

And thank you also will be looking out for you all in the show's this year,,, I seen some of you in Tatton Park and wanted to come over and have a chin wag just hope my old rad,,, coff coff Ziderapples and now lobitos's raddo will be there so I can scrounge a beer ;) .

just been out in 24v for first time,omg,got a smile as wide as the mersey tunnel,the vr is fast but this is a different kind of power its just on tap where as the vr always had lag , so glad i went for it, jobs today,put miltek on and swop wheels (oz for bbs) ,bodywork and interior is spot on,few little niggles but got to have something to get my teeth into, do feel as if ive cheated by buying someones hard work but at that of money couldn't refuse

Edited by mr lobitos

sold mental (m966tal) tonight, bought by rob from chorley,glad she's gone to a good home ,top bloke, can now crack on with getting the 24v how i want it and most of all enjoying it

I am now the happy owner of 'mental' (M966TAL) I didnt stop smiling the whole journey home! I've owned a 16v for the last 10 years and to finally be able to have the VR is a dream come true and to get one that has been cared for as much as this one is a bonus. The sound is just awesome. Thanks for your help last night Nigel in regards to the sunroof. It still doesn't want to open fully but I will get this sorted. Replacement motor not an issue if needed as I will take out of the 16v. Hopefully we will keep in touch on the forum. If you want to take my e-mail address it is [email protected]. Good luck with the 24v. Thanks again. Rob

M966TAL update. Bought black dash board and black boot carpet to replace last of the grey interior. Carpets fitted but considering a dash retrim in leather and moving heater controls down to incoperate a double din stereo / sat nav etc. Carbon grill fitted as had one ready for my 16v. New tail gate sourced in same colour and in immaculate condition to replace original. Not sure on the state of the original under the seal but there are a couple of rust spots and for £30 it was too good a deal to turn down. Dissapointed as the car seems to be burning a bit of oil. Occasionally chucks out a big puff of white smoke. Will send her to my Dads garage for a check and proabaly take head off whilst in.

just a quick update, fitted all red rears today,(supplied by fla),really pleased with how they look

parts002o.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

have sourced a few of the pathetic bits i posted for (thanks guys),still haven't got 2 black plastic things for the doorcards,this is really bugging me (sad i know),in the box of bits was this any ideas,part no 192 971 825

parts001r.jpg

plus one of the samco hoses has a split in it,whats the best way to repair as i believe you can't buy single ones

parts003.jpg

overall,i'm so pleased i went to the hassle of getting this car,it's a totally different machine to the 12v ,love it

just getting a few things sorted before going into bodyshop

have got rear badge ,thanks to 8v matts advice,cheers

want to fit passat rear handles, sourced off here few months back, striker pins look to have been cut (see pic) is this right or do i have to modify,tried searching ,plenty of info but no defo answer,don't want to try if there not right, cheers

handles001.jpg

not sure whats happened to the striker pin there but my passat handles didnt need modding and fitted as was, just unscrewed the adjustment screw to its limit. your picture doesnt even show the plastic adjustment screw

you should be ok as I think the striker pins can be swapped over from the rado handle. if you have no luck dont bin them either as I could do with some non working ones while my current ones get repainted

it defo is ,would recommend conversion to anyone thinking about it (even if i didn't do it myself ),reaping the benefits of someones hard work does grate me but could not refuse

thanks for the advice quicky, will take strikers off original handles ,keep you updated

is that of a v6 4mo? whats the gains and whats good points of conversion

cheers

like i said bought the car with conversion done,so not taking any credit for that, previously owned 12v vr6 ,which was fast but the 24v is a different type of power,the 24v revs a lot better and gives you the power more smoothly,example ,sitting behind another car in fourth , boot it and the power is there , no build up of power then go like the 12v, do miss the 12v roar though,also makes the car feel modern and refined,defo recommend one

going to attempt fitting the rear passat handles in the next few days before she goes into bodyshop next week.

need to remove striker pins from original handles onto passat handles which have been cut. had a look and seems only have to remove small pin . how do you remove this pin and can it be used again,cheers

been without the 24v for a week ,she's been having her bad bits sorted at a local bodyshop. went in firstly to have bad paint repair on front wing and drivers door sorted plus passat door handles and new corrado badge colour coded.whilst there and the two rub strips removed to paint the door and wing properly so there is no paint line,"we" decided that it looked much cleaner without the rub strips therefore both sides have now been painted, the rear end has had seam lines,towing eye and vw badge removed and smoothed. have left the corrado badge on to give the car its identity, bit unsure (see pic) ,perhaps you can give comments will post more pics shortlybackend001.jpg

Just a random question, how does the 24v engine intake sound compared to the original vr? Thanks

im curious as well. does the 12v induction roar sound better then all 24v's?