mr lobitos

in the 24v club ( gone but not forgotten)

standard discs and mk4 calipers , whats the benefits ?

would of liked bigger discs as standards look lost with 17s on, cheers

got the car to how i want it now( exterior and interior) thoughts now turn to more power under the bonnet, love the accleration put top end seems to be lacking (don't know what to expect but my old vr felt faster only just keeping up with mr renshaw on way down to rr day)

could this be down to the gearbox , wish it had gone on the rollers to see what it's pushing out . bit stumped as to which route to go for more power, any advice

bit of advice needed, recieved some previously modded doorpods from rams yesterday, (can't praise him enough after all the hassle i put him through), there in need of refurb my question is do the speakers on audioscape pods sit recessed into the pod or flat and are they on a angle or straight, hope this makes sense cheers

bit of advice needed, recieved some previously modded doorpods from rams yesterday, (can't praise him enough after all the hassle i put him through), there in need of refurb my question is do the speakers on audioscape pods sit recessed into the pod or flat and are they on a angle or straight, hope this makes sense cheers

Hi Nigel

I believe the audioscape ones sit flush mounted/flat and as a result they are overall a bit wider and stick out a bit more into the floor well which is a bit restrictive and you loose a bit of sound from the speaker because your legs are in the way. The ones you have, will sit just proud (3 or 4 mm) with the speaker gril on but its the fixings of the screws to the timber unless you rebate them so they sit flush like the audioscape ones.

I might have some 6.5 inch alpine speakers, (basic ones) you can use as a trial fit if you havent got anything to hand? Will try and find them as I bought them with a job lots of corrado bits and they dont really owe me anything. Thats if I can find them! If I do I will send them onto you. Call it an early birthday present.

well, finally done it, took a lot of cutting , welding and scratching heads but it's done now, not only does it tidy the bay up it also serves it's purpose

always felt that the car didn't feel as responsive when it warmed up, now it feels lovely and crisp and normal running temp plus one big bonus it's got a bit of a roar about it not a 12v roar but better than before, one question is the black part of the plastic manifold suppose to pulse when you blip the thottle

also big thanks to kev for his advice

ah well, WHAT NEXT !!!

engine004.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

engine005.jpg

thanks for feedback,76mm silicone 180 degree bend and just plain exhaust tubing , couple of old marina exhaust mounting brackets modified to make it solid, filter now sits were the original did and cold air feed goes were carbon canister was, after driving with it a few days defo makes a difference to throttle response when the engine bay is warm

one thing, how do you change the title of the thread when you want to update

thanks for feedback,76mm silicone 180 degree bend and just plain exhaust tubing , couple of old marina exhaust mounting brackets modified to make it solid, filter now sits were the original did and cold air feed goes were carbon canister was, after driving with it a few days defo makes a difference to throttle response when the engine bay is warm

one thing, how do you change the title of the thread when you want to update

All fairly straight forward then, apart from the Marina brackets :lol:

To change the title, just go to your first page post and edit ;)

this is really annoying me now, since finally fitting the rc's last night, not sure if i like them

with the oz fitted the car had a really aggressive stance, with the rc fitted it seems to sit higher and the car looks even smaller,the oz are 8j ,the rc 7.5j (would that make a difference ) ,think it may be that the rc's are plain alloy wheel silver whereas the oz are anthracite, will have to post some pics for your views

anyway has anybody got any pics of anthracite rc's on a corrado ,just to set my mind at ease

do you think spacing them out will make a difference, what mm would you go for ?

clutch has now started slipping, whats the best plan of action with that ?

thanks for the advice

Edited by mr lobitos

do you think spacing them out will make a difference, what mm would you go for ?

clutch has now started slipping, whats the best plan of action with that ?

thanks for the advice

I've got 20mm adapters on mine, they look nice, nothing too way out there. I'll post a pic if later.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

what is it with me and wheels ?

couldn't get used to the rc's , so sold them

got the ultraleggeras , refurbed and painted bmw antharcite, look nice but think the look to small and don't set the car off

then bournemouth james puts his rh zw1 up for sale, this got me thinking as i've always loved these on a corrado then spotted these on gumtree for £650 with good tyres and adaptors but one dish is damaged, decisions , decisions , any advice

$(KGrHqRHJFEFENDy8O5cBRDr-li6Q!~~48_79.JPG

fitted the rh today, just need to sort out the right size adapters now currently running 15mm @ front , 35mm @rear

fronts seem to be sitting in too much, rears sticking out a touch too far, any ideas what would be a good combo

anyway, what do you think

p1050142d.jpg

Have you tried swapping the front to back and vice versa just to further gauge what adaptors you need? Are they 8.5 j? Plus are you running 215 35?

I may have a spare adaptor and will have a look for you which maybe 25 or 20 mm. I have been looking for them amongst all my crap and if I find them I will give you a shout.

They are usually Et 60 without adaptors so I would go 25mm adaptors all round for Et 35 trouble free fitment

I would use genuine they are the perfect fit for the rear mounting profile of the wheels and great quality

thanks, german ebay it is then

another quick question, does anyone know of a supplier were you can just buy the rear flexi brake hoses in braided, done an goggle search and can only find a set , fronts already done, so don't need them

funny how putting a set of rims on, can bring back the love