edmundo205

Idle Problem.

Hey guys. Just wonderign if anyone has any idea why my 2ltr 16V wont idle properly? It's jumping all over the place and idleing as high as 2+ sometimes before dropping down. I was trying to work out if it was only when it was cold or hot but it seems to just be all the time now.

I cleaned out the idle control valve the other day thinking it could be that put the problem persists.

Thanks

Advanced Search at top right of page........type 2.0 16v idle into the search .........and read

i'm just sorting mine out at the moment

which is the isv, i've soaked it overnight so far and its made it alot better but not perfect

Going to take it off again and leave it to soak for a while and should be right as rain then

hey mate, had this prob with my mk3. isv is a good place to start. try cleaning out your throttle body too.

As above. Check all the hoses very carefully- had this on my first 16v and several garages couldn't find the prob, which turned out to be a small tear under one of the pipes connected to the ISV.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread as I have the same problem currently with my 2L 16v.

Although most of the time the idle drops to 500 rpm or so more ofter than not, and only occationaly does it jump to 2k+

I've sonic cleaned the throttle body, and checked the resistance on the ISV (priced a new one up and its like £450!!! so won't be going that route!!)

So will be checking the pipework over the weekend.