Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

aquamist

I'm thinking about getting the aquamist thingy what involved in installing it (does it need to be setup on a rolling road). Would it basically do the same job as a bigger intercooler ?

cheers for any adive

Sandy g60

There's a couple of other threads floating around about it at the moment too. I would strongly recommend you get the optional flow sensor too to go with it.

Yes, best installed and optimised on a dyno.

K

Had a look on the aquamist site would the system 1s kit be ok for the g60 with an optional flow sensor ?

Sandy

Last question what would you get first aquamist or a toothed belt system and why ??

Cheers for your thoughts

Sandy G60

Being playing with Aquamist on one of our own cars for a while now getting the Jetting set up to get the best gains. We have the basic 1s system on one car and are working with Aquamist with installing the 2D system on our Mini Cooper 's' as they are about 20minuites from us. If you have a stock intercooler on your 'raddo' I would opt to fit the Aqaumist before our Toothed belts system as you will see bigger gains per ££ as the stock corrado intercooler is pretty inadaquate on a standerd let along tuned motor.

Water injection allows you to safly run more ignition advance safly by lowering charge tempretures to ambient air tempreture. This eliminates 'pinking' which is the limiting factor when setting a G60 engine up. Most corrados have to be set with minimal ignition advance as stock so 'pinking' does not occur. When the engine pinks the knock sensor detects this and bleeds off boost via the ISV and retards the ignition timing even more. This is why when you drive you G60 hard for any length of time the engine seems to loose responce. Intake tempretures rise and the car runs retarded. With Aquamist the intake tempretures stay consistant as does the cars performance.

I'm not saying our toothed belt system has no gains. The toothed belts eliminate belt slip completly leading to higher boost pressure over 4k rpm and a more imidiate throttle responce. But to maxinmise the gains of the toothed belts you need good intercooling.

We had a corado in last weekend with Aquamist and we were seeing ambient air intake air tempretures while the car was being wragged.

Another example is a G40 running aquamist. 158BHP and 160ft/lb torque on the rollers with the aqaumist tuened off, 170bhp 170 ft/lb rorque on the same roller 10 minuites later with the aquamist turned on!!

Cool would a basic 1s system need a rolling road session to be setup properly and do you sell a kit with all parts needed and how much does it cost if you do ??.

Cheers

Sandy

With any modifacations a Rolling road session will indicate the ultimate 'sweet' point of any mod when setting a car up, but only in a rolling road enviroment, this is not a indication of what is going on when the car is flying along the road with air being rammed though the front of it. Over the last 2-3 months myself, Liam and Darren have been spending a lot of cash on diagnostic tools we can tack onto customers cars while setting them up and give us the data needed to optimise the set up the car on he road under normal operating conditions. We do sell the kits, the basic kit is listed on our site, i'm doing a update on the site at the moment so there will be a lot more information to follow on the products.