mimjed

street racing

might get locked and fair cop.

rado's days are very limited and im looking to see what its truly capable of. want to find good motors to push it against in leics.

anywhere to post up, or just push people along until they go :( ?

Tuesday nights in Leicester down at East Goscote at the back of the Industrial estate where, on private land, there is a strip of tarmac where cars have a trash. Been down there no end of times (not in the C yet though)

not much point if its not a VR6

I don't know if you're joking or just being a cantankerous old git of late, but try not to start a G60 v VR6 war please.

Besides, his is a Stage 4 G60 and 100Kg lighter than your precious VR6, so I wouldn't be so dismissive.

not much point if its not a VR6

Tosh!

Get your head out of the street racing vibe buddy... unless you wont to end up wrecking you car and others lives. Your not Initial D....

There's Mallory Park Circuit in Leicester that i'm sure will have an open day or Hot Hatch Day, and as above chatting up someone who owns a concrete/tarmac strip helps. If you get enough people together you could always approach a chap with an airstrip?

i'm just joking about, i find this thread a bit silly/stupid, so like to leave a reply just as bad.

I have noticed your behaviour/replies towards me recently Kev, and think i'm a bit misunderstood.

i guess street racing is poss the wrong title, but you know what i mean, just want to give it a good thrash before i have to park it up for good. not like anybody on the forum can say they havnt floored it.

ta for the wise words alex but ive never binned a car and wont push it beyond its limits, just want a fitting good bye for probably the most fun car ive ever owned and possibly ever will. mrs is up duff :(

i live 5 mins from mallory and used to sneak on the track alot as a kid. they often leave it open on week nights for some reason.

haha wanna race 3corsa??

not like anybody on the forum can say they havnt floored it.

I've never ragged the car beyond the speed limit but have indeed been silly in my youth and I'm sure your right about the forum. Still, street racing conjures up images of need for speed and kids outside a McDonalds car park. I'd change the title of the thread i think.

How about taking the misses and the C on one final road trip to somewhere like the isle of man? No speed limit there i hear and just endless miles of little B roads to put your foot into... ;)

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

I've never ragged the car beyond the speed limit

sorry chap i smell bull ****. telling me youve never been over 70, even on a motorway? :bonk: lol

nah it costs too much to take it any where worthwhile, i live in leics, one of the crappest places in the world. i have the borat for long runs.

plus the fact that she hates it and says it makes silly noises :(

will see if i can get a pass for tuesday night......

what time is it? need a pass from birdo first.

yes mate that would be sweet if im allowed to attend ;)

sorry chap i smell bull ****. telling me youve never been over 70, even on a motorway? :bonk: lol

I did say "ragged it beyond the speed limit"

I've never screamed the car in to a bend at 90+ hoping like hell the tires stick.... I leave that for the track. I have however been driven by me dad at 130mph down a few roads in his e-type, but that wasn't me! :p

I have pushed the car though... but never round the houses and never over 70. I don't count 80mph in a straight line racing.... Thats just motorway driving.

sadly i do need a pass nowadays, she'd fit a gps unit to me if she could.

i dunno alex, must be a country thing i guess, all these empty roads wih nice twisty bits. every car i own gets the beans at some point....need to know what i can do.

by my own admission i was mental as a youth, no way near as brave now. but i pay for good tyres, better brakes, suspension etc so that the car is capable of more.

ill happily do 90 round a corner if im confident ill come out the other side in one peice.

and no i really dont mean through a council estate. im fully aware if youre going to drive like a penis theres a time and a place.

really? youre kidding me? storms do have two reverse gears though. i have it on good authority!

i'm just joking about, i find this thread a bit silly/stupid, so like to leave a reply just as bad.

I have noticed your behaviour/replies towards me recently Kev, and think i'm a bit misunderstood.

Try using some emotion in your text then! It's what the emoticons are for :D And likewise, ever since you threw your toys out of the pram about the forum's slow performance, I've noticed a change in you. Never mind. It's Friday and I don't care :lol:

As for racing, I love it although 99% of them are very one sided. Worthy foe never seem to try it on with me :)

really? youre kidding me? storms do have two reverse gears though. i have it on good authority!

chap who works on my corrado sometimes has some old army jeep thing with as many forward gears as reverse gears so you can go just as fast in either direction

yeah but yours is in a different league kev. i imagine top end porsche's dont want to be shown up by the "little old corrado"

something like a new elise is good for me, mines a tad faster in the straights but they are very good round corners.

on the other hand ive done alot faster cars because they bottle it/cant drive through corners.

Edited by mimjed

yeah but yours is in a different league kev. i imagine top end porsche's dont want to be shown up by the "little old corrado"

something like a new elise is good for me, mines a tad faster in the straights but they are very good round corners.

on the other hand ive done alot faster cars because they bottle it/cant drive through corners.

I did get a taste of my own medicine once though. An old unassuming looking 911, mid 80s era (964?) complete with whale tail. He pulled over on the motorway to let me over take, then immediately pulled out again and latched onto my bumper as soon as I passed, which is a definite "Come on then, let's see what you've got" move. Perhaps a little unfair picking on an old VW with only 190hp (or so he assumed) but none the less, I floored it. Not quite an arse handing, but I couldn't shake it off at all!! I bet he was surprised he couldn't get past a standard looking Corrado though :lol:

Same thing happened with a Focus ST as well, so I'm a little more wary of what I try it on with these days :lol:

Yeah, I'd consider myself and the car to be doing very well indeed to keep up with an Elise cross country. They may not be that quick in a straightline but they are on B roads!

A track day would be the best thing to get yourself on dude, A well orgaised one with a photographer. A few good pics of your car in action would be a good memory.