sygh2k

1/4 tank issue - help please

Good Afternoon All, Hoping Somebody Might Help Shed Some Light. Of Late Ive Been Finding When I Get To A 1/4 Tank Showing On My Fuel, My Car Coughs, Splutters Then Wont Go, As If Fuel Starved?. Ive Had The Lift Pump Out And There Seems No Obvious Cracks Or Holes. I Checked The Fuel Level Too And The Guage Is Reading Correct. Is This A Knackered Lift Pump Or Something Else? Engines A 1.816v KR On A H Plate, If Anyone Could Help Please :D

my vr is the same ,runs sweet as , but if you take it lower than 1\4 of a tank and put your foot down she will splutter a bit . my mate had the c for six years before me and said she had always been like it .

2l 16v does the same,had an old golf that did the same, maybe crap in the fuel tank, rust ect, but recently my fuel pump has been getting a little noisy fickle little thinks these corrado's

ive had the tank emptied and cleaned out whilst it was empty, soundin like im guna be buyin a new fuel pump :s

i changed the filter earlier this year, mid jan i think, so a bit lost really :s kinda dont want to go buying pumps and it turn out not to be them

Thought I Would Just Update On This Issue I Had Several Weeks Ago, Think Ive Finally Fixed It :D

After Much Fiddling, Draining Tank Etc I Eventually Got To The Conclusion That The Lift Pump In The Tank Had Gone, I Have Sinced Replaced It With One Of These http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Pump-Strainer-Tank-VW-Corrado-16v-/360240613926?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e0038a26 Although Not Perfect, With Use Of A Tie Wrap All Seems To Be Good And Well Again :D

Hope This Helps

Simon