robrado974

rado selling feeler

sorry guys i dont want to be a pain and p'''s people off . as this sort of thread has been thrown up a number of times . due to stuggling finances i may and do stress may have to sell the vr . its a given that prices are crap at the moment , so what would be a sensible price for a 92 vr . 147000 miles .chains and tentioners done at 100,000. at the same time a pack 'a' racing head was fitted [cost £2,800]. superchip , racing clutch.also will come with full oval stainless exhaust system . compomotive alloys [group buy forum]. full respray [see my build thread ]. full black leather interior, [ porka tombstones] . i have a folder full of receipts for the car on for other stuff she has had done .pics of the c are on my members section . 6 months tax and mot till end of august. again this is a feeler ,it will be a last resort for me to sell her but if i have to then so be it . she is uninsured at the moment as i cant afford it .regard rob .

gutted for you mate.

vr pricing isnt my strong point, but based on how clean it is id guess 4500 is a fair price given work done and crap market.

gutted for you mate.

vr pricing isnt my strong point, but based on how clean it is id guess 4500 is a fair price given work done and crap market.

£4500?????

Doubt that very much £2500 if you are lucky.

Don`t see any Corrados going for big money nowadays.

People may ask but I don`t think they get it ---sorry!!

£2500??? if your lucky??

are you mad?

dark burgandy pearl full respray not worth £2500???

how many rados have sold in the last 6-8 months for 3-5k ............:bonk:

well rob as soon as the chains and tensioners and head rebuilt on mine il be up for selling too

im going to stick a 6k price tag on mine ono and see what happens......

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

i cant believe that post so i gotta post again

2.5 k will get you a ****ter compared to robs car it is so damn clean real clean the body work alone is immense

Hey Rob,

As we've been talking about this lately, really hope it doesn't happen. Know how it is though, I've had the very same thoughts over the course of the last year. Things do change quickly so don't be hasty mate.

As for the above post stating £2.5k, I know its difficult to give guide values over the internet without the ability to see the car......BUT that is so far off the mark with this car. The bodywork alone is immaculate. Would prob cost more than £2.5k to get a respray anywhere the standard of this job. Not a mark on it at all. Lots of engine work, great leather interior as well. The Comps are awesome as well.

Bloody hell mate, you can't sell!

I think Abdul's more or less there with his comment - £3.5k would have someone chewing through your arm, £4k would reel in a sensible buyer and £4.5k upwards would mean you'd have to bide your time for the right buyer.

Mark

£2500??? if your lucky??

are you mad?

dark burgandy pearl full respray not worth £2500???

how many rados have sold in the last 6-8 months for 3-5k ............:bonk:

well rob as soon as the chains and tensioners and head rebuilt on mine il be up for selling too

im going to stick a 6k price tag on mine ono and see what happens......

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

i cant believe that post so i gotta post again

2.5 k will get you a ****ter compared to robs car it is so damn clean real clean the body work alone is immense

Really!!! Not MAD just realistic

I`m not interested in buying it!!

I have given an honest guide price to how Corrado prices have fallen in the past year or so.

Which is what the seller/enquirer wanted

So what it`s had a respray--fine if you plan on keeping it,if not good for the buyer,not the seller.

Are you saying pay £2500 for a respray and add the cost to the selling price? It doesnt work like that

I too would be interested in finding out how many have sold in the past year for between £3-£5K.

You would really have to get diehard enthuisiast to buy at the money quoted.

GLWS if you do go ahead

When you have a look around at what type of car is available for £5k it's surprising that ANY Corrado is sold at that sort of price, if I'm honest. It sounds like a nice car etc and I would say that £3.5k would be a good price to pitch at :)

Really!!! Not MAD just realistic

I`m not interested in buying it!!

I have given an honest guide price to how Corrado prices have fallen in the past year or so.

Which is what the seller/enquirer wanted

So what it`s had a respray--fine if you plan on keeping it,if not good for the buyer,not the seller.

Are you saying pay £2500 for a respray and add the cost to the selling price? It doesnt work like that

I too would be interested in finding out how many have sold in the past year for between £3-£5K.

You would really have to get diehard enthuisiast to buy at the money quoted.

GLWS if you do go ahead

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with some of the sentiment here... Loads of people are selling at the moment and every one is struggling to get their cars sold. It's a buyers market but no one is wonting to buy just now.

However, at the end of the day the "Worth" of anything is what the buyer is willing to spend. I've seen cars I wouldn't give you tuppence for going for silly money in the past. My C when i bought her probably wasn't worth £1800 but it's what I could afford and also what I saw to be a fair price at the time.

Also, your cars worth to you will always be higher than what someone who a) doesn't/hasn't owned a C before and feels less affinity to it or b) Is buying it with little knowledge of the brand and model

Personally, if I had 4k id spend it on your car... but some garage or tom, dick or harry in the street may well not consider your car worth that, despite the emasculate paint job. If i where you I'd try to wait for the car market to improve.

Hi Rob really sorry to hear this and hope it will not be necessary . Prices are difficult, there are a lot of C around which are not selling because the owners are asking too much. They do not appreciate the cost of dealing with rust etc etc. Yours is better than the VR I sold last month. Mine went within a week for £3k . yours must therefore be worth £3800plus . Someone may be whiling to pay £4500. but they may be slow in arriving.

If you do decide to sell April/may has to be the strongest time .

Good luck bud

Darren

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

thanks for all the feed back. i hope it does not come to selling , i know full well it will be very hard to find the dough to buy another c at a later date.

Corrado prices really do seem to be all over the shot the now. Iv not seen your car personnally but with mint bodywork it will be a major bonus and can see why youd be able to push for that little extra.

I sold my nugget rado which was immaculate,fine it was only a KR engine but it was fresh paint(not a half arsed job), immaculate interior and Schmidt modernlines for only £2200.

Iv just put my storm up for sale and can only hope with the time of year the market decides to pick up with the better weather coming now.

going to do my upmost to leave her in the garage and hope work picks up a bit more , if it does then insure her and happy days !. like matt says dont rush or panic into selling it . thats what happend to me way back when ,i was into early fords when i was 18 or so .i got wed and we wanted our own house ,you know how it is [er in doors sayin we need the dough that car has to go !]. i thought at the time ,give it a few months ,get settled and i will get another . it never works out like that !. i dont want to end up in the same situation . ive got me c and want to keep her lol. regards rob

I think the estimations of £2,500 are a bit unfair to be honest. Hard to say without seeing the car but the expensive jobs taken care of and a full respray has to be worth £3,500-£4,000 all day long.

You only have to ask anyone who's gone out looking for a decent VR6 in recent months to know that there are a LOT of sheds out there so if the car is as honest and decent as you say it is, I think you've got a good chance of asking good money for it!

It`s only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it:smug:

I would just keep it and save yourself the hassle :thumbleft: