KADVR6

ford focus st

hi guys, (long time no speak)

well cant get on with the tt even after it was mapped at dg autotech its just not me, so been looking at the ford focus st's, anyone got any insight into them??

i was looking at mk5 gti's but after driving the st there is no way i would consider the mk5 over the st, the engine just has sooo much torque through the gears and sounds awesome with a stainless exhaust.

karl

I know a guy that has a '58-plate ST. He traded his '03 Civic Type-R in and regrets it. It has a great engine but the ST is poorly built with an interior that is falling apart. It's just come back from the main dealer he got it from having had the gearbox replaced. The car has done 24k miles.

I love the engine but there chavvy as hell now.

Crap mpg too. The MK5 GTI handles far better. Buy an Ed30 and map it. Easy 300bhp.

Id tend to agree, from the ones Ive been in they dont seem that great built. I loved my Mk5, all it needed was a bit extra poke - ED30 would solve that.

A guy I work with has a standard '06 ST3 that has been reliable enough but he's lucky to get 24mpg. My Leon makes more power and I can top 30mpg easily.

what didn`t you like about the TT, Pleased with mine after daves remapped it it fly`s

there is nothing at all wrong with the TTand after having Graham do the re-map its a much better car, but its just not me, i have even been looking at Alfa's

Haven't quite cracked and considering another corrado just yet then Karl?

there is nothing at all wrong with the TTand after having Graham do the re-map its a much better car, but its just not me, i have even been looking at Alfa's

Now your talking, the 159's? Lovely cars. Not a clue what they are like to run but the best looking 4dr saloon I reckon.

well my heart has ruled and getting a mk5 gti, it also helped that i went to an st ownners club day, and what a pile of complete t***s that turned up, a couple of blokes got out there st with no tops on (excusable i suppose as it was hot) but why wear some knitted ski hats on that were just sitting on there heads, i started to laugh at them which the one guy did not like, what happened after that i aint saying on here.

so looking for a black or graphite blue three door gti with DSG.

kar l

A guy I work with has a standard '06 ST3 that has been reliable enough but he's lucky to get 24mpg. My Leon makes more power and I can top 30mpg easily.

I'm pretty sure that the fuel economy on the Ed30 GTi is pretty poor too. Tbh you don't really by either the Ed30 or the ST if you want a fuel efficient car. I know they're a bit chavvy but I just love the sound of the 5 pot engine. Like Karl says, with some stainless pipes they sound ace!! And with a Mountune remap, they'll out pace a standard Focus RS. What I really want right now is the engine out of a TTRS (with a Revo remap) in my Mk3!! 410 bhp and similar torque anyone? ;)

I got caught up in some kind of race with one one a few weeks ago he came from behind, slowed down next to me then accelerated past me i was'nt ready and unprepared in my vr6 in was furious and wounded. I hate people who drive them things now its a crappy ford might be fast but still cheap crap.