carrots

steam again

i fitted a new heater matrix last weekend,while i was driving around the bus types field on sunday a bit of steam came out the vents.could it be the water that was in the heater from the old leak.it does smell a bit aswell but ive put that down to the matrix being new.i have topped the water up a little but i reckon thats was because of air in the system

They defo smell a bit for a while. Hopefully it's just some residual water being evaporated. Maybe worth leaving it to run for half an hour with the fans on full heat + windows open.

Is it an earthy smell?

If so that will be all the decomposing leaf gunk that falls into the heater system and is one of the main causes of matrix failure (the bottom of the heater box where the matrix sits collects all this gunk which rots and in turn rots your matrix).

It will fade with time and use but it is always worth getting all of the gunk out and fitting a filter over the scuttle seal intake to prevent bits of leaf getting into the system.

it did have loads of leaf bits in the bottom of the box.where do you buy the filters from.i have got a swg scuttle panel which stops some of the crap

Carrots, i got one of those extractor fans filters you get for the kitchen and used that it was only about £3, spray it with something nice and that will have the interior like new! My heater matrix still to be done, car is in the garage, i cant bear to look at it at the minute, i have nightmares of coolant light coming on, best of luck with yours.....

is the water dropping tho,if its not you might have oil in water wash the expansion tank out with gunk and it cured my light coming on.my oil cooler packed up and dumped oil in water

it did have loads of leaf bits in the bottom of the box.where do you buy the filters from.i have got a swg scuttle panel which stops some of the crap

Jetex or as Diesel Junior said use some kitchen hood filter material.

The Jetex one is for a mk 2 and is a tight fit, you will also loose some of the force of the air flow as the motor has to work a lot harder to pull air through the filter; I would go for the cooker option as its cheaper and is a bit thinner too.

not a problem because its made from a polyester (synthetic) fibre and wont really hold any water, like a cotton filter would. Plus its quite an open weave so its not a pollen filter more just for dust and leaves.