rsgntx

Fuel Flap Component Needed

i'm looking for the black plastic piece inside the petrol flap. this is the part the piece on the flap goes into to allow the flap to lock. there is also a like guard behind the catch that i would like. the part numbers are 535862181A which is the bit i broke then 535862292A for the guard. see pictures below:

catch.jpg

catchplus.jpg

drawing.jpg

item 3 and 18A

I've got this part which I ordered in error, not sure what it does but what I actually wanted was number 17a in your image which is now obsolete :(

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I have no idea what it does either? if i come across the part you want i will let you know!

Stealers? I reckon that won't have been replaced very often so think they're likely to have some stocks of those still..

Stealers? I reckon that won't have been replaced very often so think they're likely to have some stocks of those still..

i was with our friends at listers Jim and all the parts in the diagram are obsolete! :-( They even got details of the last dealer to have some parts but that turned out fruitless too.... But good call will let you know if Stealers come up with it!

Jesus... getting depressing being a Corrado owner isn't it! :( I wonder if the classic parts lot have manufactured it..?

Good news...! Just checked and they have the guide but not the guard! :) Not sure on the process for ordering from them as they're based in Germany.. but there are folks on here who have done it so might be worth having a hunt around.

Edited by Jim

surely something like this will be the same across other models? try swapping the part number beginning for 191 to see if there are any mk2 equivalent items in stock. I'd be surprised if this little dooberry had a design change between the Mk2 golf and the C.

THe guide is the bit i want!!!!! fab!!! :D do they say how much? and what web site did you go through to get such a quick answer?

http://www.vw-classicparts.de/bestand/index_e.html

Then click "Access without prior registration.."

Then search for the P/N. Comes up at just under 7 euro's. But as I say, no idea how you order through them! Few folks on here have done though so worth asking around :)

Yan orders things off there all the time. Maybe worth a pm

Yan orders things off there all the time. Maybe worth a pm

they already replied saying they will get back to me but if i have any probs i'll pm him! thx

I also noticed that in a recent issue of a certain VW enthusiast publication that purports to concentrate on performance (...!), Big Boys Toys are running their ads now with a reference to being some kind of distributor to classic parts. It may be a slightly disingenuous attempt to highlight their own supply line but must be worth a phone call...

Mark

I think it's legit Mark - I had heard this was the case, but knew nothing about the company or what they were offering.

Yep, Heritage are the official UK distributer of Classic Parts. You can order directly though too but you really need to do a big order to make it worth it with the transfer fees etc.

You could try ringing these folk VW Heritage

Well this turned out to be a great post! They can get the part from their classic group maybe they have an account with the guys in germany?? price £6.79 i think they said plus standard UK postage should be with me by the end of next week!! thx for all the help!! :D

There's hope for us after all. Thank god VW are starting to take classic parts semi-seriously. Apparently you can walk into any dealership in the USA or Germany and order directly from the classic parts catalogue.. VW UK need to get their **** together!

Classic Parts just got back to me they wanted €15.26 so much better to use VW Heritage to make the order!

i want to take off my fuel flap lock. the rubber bit that hold the flap... how do i take it off. i wana paint my car and need it removed, whats the best way and how/. some1 said you move the tab. move it which way etc.. i tried pushing it down and the thing wont budge....

You can order off the German classic parts site quite easily - order the item on the web site and they will get back to you by email with a shipping quote. Then pay by international bank transfer (they give you all the details).

i want to take off my fuel flap lock. the rubber bit that hold the flap... how do i take it off. i wana paint my car and need it removed, whats the best way and how/. some1 said you move the tab. move it which way etc.. i tried pushing it down and the thing wont budge....

The rubber bit is the easy part! If you look closely there is a small grove around the lip. Look inside the grove is a piece of spring steel remove this as it holds the rubber in place nice and tight! It will come out then but you will find so much sh.. behind it!!!